Super Puma AIREcell floor issue - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-12-2016   #1
I'm right 50% of the time

RFV, CO
Paddling Since: 1977
Super Puma AIREcell floor issue

So after 13 years of owning this boat, I have had some issue this year. First a shell tear. Don't know how, but the front of the boat split open, causing a jagged tear. I patched from the inside and continue to use the boat. After a lazy family trip last weekend, I bled all chambers and brought the boat home. Stored in garage. Today I notice the floor is a little off. One side higher than the other. So I unzip the floor pocket and determine that one of the welded "seams" has come undone. Wondering if there is anyway to fix this? OR, Do I have to buy a whole new AIREcell for $600? I have a call in to factory repair, but thought I'd ask here as well.

Advertisement

Old 07-12-2016   #2
swimming

NB, Oregon
Your kidding right? Dude,13 years old you wore it out treating it like a 3rd world blow up doll. Buy a new boat ya cheap bastard.
Greenwall2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016   #3

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenwall2 View Post
Your kidding right? Dude,13 years old you wore it out treating it like a 3rd world blow up doll. Buy a new boat ya cheap bastard.
I've had one for about 19 years and have had no issues with the floor, but mine has the inflatable floor. Of course, I'm a cheap bastard too....
stuntmansteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2016   #4
I'm right 50% of the time

RFV, CO
Paddling Since: 1977
James,
Banned already? To bad, so sad. I'm just lucky I did not order a frame from you. I might have waited all 13 years I have owned the boat for you to deliver it. And yes, she has been treated like a bad, bad girl. Wraps and flips and lots of fun. And yes, I am a cheap bastard as I live outside of an expensive resort community and am trying to raise a family and have a good time while trying to make it. I'm just glad that you are such a wonderful person and have great insight into my life. It's so good to know you care.

Steve, mine is actually 16 years old. Air (AIREcell) floor. Been and will continue to be a great boat. I'll have a new cell in a week and be back on the water. When it is time for another boat, new to me or new, I know I will be looking at an AIRE
Old 07-12-2016   #5

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 1989
Although I had mine a long time, it hasn't got a lot of use in the past few years so it hasn't had a lot of wear and tear recently. Years of drought in the SW and fatherhood have cut into my river time. Have been running a cat (Aire Ocelot) or IK's when we do boat. Only issue I've had with my SP has been with the bladders, mostly from overfilling them, so I keep a spare handy. Floor has a slow leak, but not a big deal....
stuntmansteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aire