Sotar Legend 14x23 - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-20-2016   #1

Ulm, Mountaina
Paddling Since: 1996
Sotar Legend 14x23

WTB WTB...I think the Sotar Legend 14x23 would make a good balance of my needs but considering the recent revelations concerning their warranty, I don't want to buy new. I would like to buy a used set to try out for a season. Looking for the best price I can find. Any colors or condition as long as I can float it reliably. Even a few patches might bring down the price a little. If anyone has a set for sale or know someone that does please PM me. Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I'm just hoping to reach someone that is waiting for spring to sell or... Thanks.

Jonzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2016   #2

Ulm, Mountaina
I had someone contact me to let me know that he has only one tube available. He doesn't have the other because it was destroyed but the one tube is a great price. Here's my question.

Is that a good idea? Are sotar tubes so consistent in shape that I might be able to find another or are they VERY different and any other 14x23 tube would not match. (in shape only) I don't care about color.

Thanks for any imput
Old 11-30-2016   #3
Misspellingintothefuture!

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Wonder how hard it would be to find a second tube?
It could require buying a new tube from the factory, should call Sotar up and ask em if they are willing to do that, and then you can find out straight from the horses mouth about any tube variation, as well.
Old 11-30-2016   #4
Misspellingintothefuture!

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Come to think of it, seams like mixing tubes would be fine, after all, what do people do when they destroy a tube? Usually just order a replacement.
If you go with it, should go contrasting colors for the tubes, think it would look cool.
Old 11-30-2016   #5

Ulm, Mountaina
I'm hesitant to buy new from SOTAR but your suggestion made me think of something else. Maybe they would have a beat up single tube from a repair cat or something. Thanks
Old 12-05-2016   #6

NorCal, California
Paddling Since: 91
I would buy new from the factory, I would take most of what I read here or anywhere with a grain of salt. Owned 4 Sotars so far and they have all been quality products as good or better than anything I've seen on the river. I've never had to patch any of my boats, did have to one have some of the urethane material applied to some small scuff marks where the thread material showed through. This occurred on a low water MFS trip and was completely my fault. My experience at the factory was professional, they even stored the boat until I could get up there on my way to run the Rogue.
Why not get the color and specs you want, BTW I had them make a 14' X 24" Cataraft a couple of years ago and it has served my needs well.
Wavester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016   #7

Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Paddling Since: 2013
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought tubes had to be sold in pairs for some kind of legal reason?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8

Ulm, Mountaina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeyCatr View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought tubes had to be sold in pairs for some kind of legal reason?!?!

I just saw this is that true?

My last dich effort. Thought I would try one last time since soneone might be thinking about selling theirs. I have the one tube reserved so I really only need one but I would take any great deal even if it's a patched frankentube.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9
Old Guy in a PFD

Tucson, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1967
have to sell in pairs for a legal reason?
What legal reason could that be?
Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #10

irvine, California
Paddling Since: 1987
Half assed cat boating is a felony.

wildh2onriver is offline   Reply With Quote