Old 08-09-2006   #1
Small Raft

I am looking to purchase a small raft for smaller volume technical runs. Does anyone have any suggestions? Diminishing Tubes, shape, size, material, brand? I have been in an 11.5' Sotar SS on the Lochsa, been in an older Aire Puma and 12.5' New Wave 1 Maravia. I like them all, but overall I have to say the Sotar is my favorite. I would be using this as a paddle crew R2 up to 5 on rivers such as the Lochsa, SF Payette (Staircase and Canyon runs), Yaak, White Sands, White Salmon...

JBryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #2
Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
I have an 14' Aire Super Duper puma, it kicks ass. So does that warranty as i'm sure you've heard. We R2'd it on the poudre the second day i had it and it schooled everything. Just took it on westwater and the San Juan. I know it can handle some fairly big water, i took it over skull this weekend with one oar and it plowed thru the massive wave. Skull was well submerged and the wave it created wasn't too friendly looking. Ditto for sock it to me, bitches.

OT: Anyone know if that guy got his boat out of Room of Doom yet?

gapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006   #3
I have an 11.5ft Otter and I love it. I've ran a few class v's and a ton of IV and it is a great low volume big fun hole punching machine. It is also very light for a hypolon boat and is vey tough. I have not had any problems with the materials or craftsmanship. It was stolen off my truck and sunk about 2 weeks ago. I found it, dried it out and spent the day sniffing glue to put 23 patches on it and it still holds air like its new. Good Luck
oarboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006   #4
Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
It was stolen and then you found it sunk? Where was this and how did you find it? Did some drunks just steal it and get into some buffonery later on with it or what? crazy
gapers is offline   Reply With Quote