Mountain Buzz banner

Skidguard for decking

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  cataraftgirl 
#1 ·
Was looking at this product through Recretec --- what is the widest span I could go unsupported --- either between two rails or lip over rail?

According to site it is 1/2" Doug fir plywood

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

#2 ·
Maybe 18", but it will flex a bit. You can order it up from Andy and Bax. You can also see it on frames there. They order it up from Recretec and charge the same price. I use it for my drop floor, but not for my side decks, but it is used for side decks all the time.

#9 ·
A&b might not have it at the store but they tell me they have several sheets of the stuff avail. Unfortunately trying to stiffen to span a distance requires a rib. If its for use as a floor that cuts into your clearance above the water. They have several drop in floor modules they have made all involve rectangular aluminum tube

#10 ·
I used skid guard as a floor in my cataraft rower bay. 34 inches across & resting on the lower rails of an NRS frame. No other support under it, just resting on the rails. No flex whatsoever. NRS made it for me. Same stuff that they make their sidereal racks out of. The picture shows the NRS webbing floor underneath, but I got rid of that right away when I got the skid guard floor. I also used a second floor in a cataraft cargo bay. Loaded it up with dry bags. No problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.