Old 04-27-2015   #1
telluride, Moab, UT
Paddling Since: 1977
SB floor lacing??

I just picked up a very nice Hyside Pro 14 ft boat, 1991 vintage from a friend and need to relace the floor. I am old school and really like bucket boats for a bunch of reasons, so have never relaced a SB floor. I did some research and see Hyside recommends using 4 sections of webbing about 15 ft long, burn tapered ends and start mid boat and double lace to the ends and then pull out the slack a few times till it is tight and tie off the ends. Anymore advice on this as I suspect it can be a difficult job and would like to not have to re invent the wheel. Thx in advance

mcmarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015   #2
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Ya that's about right. Do it upside down, I used a couple milk crates to support the floor within the tubes at just about the right height. I only used two sections of webbing and went all the way to the opposite mid-boat point with no problems, you're probably good either way. It can be done solo, but you will appreciate another set of hands.

Once you get started it becomes way less imposing than it seems before you start.

I think you will also appreciate the many 'other' uses for bail buckets since you won't be doing that anymore!
DoStep is online now   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off