Sawtooth Welding Raft Trailer Review/Opinion?? - Page 7 - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-14-2014   #61

East of the Pine beatle, Colorado
Evergreen Jeffco is the one I was referring to- good luck!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

Osseous is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2014   #62

I haven't had to verify the VIN on my trailer if I recall correctly- just motorcycles and autos....

Old 07-15-2014   #63

Evergreen, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osseous View Post
I haven't had to verify the VIN on my trailer if I recall correctly- just motorcycles and autos....
Yeah... JeffCo will do verifications, not certified inspections (i.e. trailers)
HysideB0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014   #64

I did my trailer at the Evergreen office with just paperwork. Go see the ladies there- they know their stuff and have always been very helpful.

Old 07-15-2014   #65

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Heads up to all Sawtooth trailer owners. Randy contacted me a few weeks after I received my trailer and said his new welder made some mistakes. He sent me a diagram of how the tongue should be reinforced with a bar down the middle attaching to the 1st and 2nd crosspieces and some gussets on each side where the tongue attaches to the box. When I got this work done locally the welder said the original welds had already partially broken. To his credit Randy did contact me and is paying me the cost to have the extra work done, but I encourage those with new trailers to call him and ask if this was a one time thing, now corrected, or if there are other ones out there that need fixing.

Sorry this is delayed in getting sent, been out of town and forgot all about this thread until I saw it pop back up.
duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014   #66
swimming

Tacoma,Wa, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1994
I new this was coming just by the design when I was first questioning you guys about buying these things. nobody puts a weld like that at the biggest stress point ever on a trailer,the tounge should go at least a third of the way under the box in one piece. I remember you being smarter than me though so good luck with what you bought.
orto11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014   #67

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by orto11 View Post
I new this was coming just by the design when I was first questioning you guys about buying these things. nobody puts a weld like that at the biggest stress point ever on a trailer,the tounge should go at least a third of the way under the box in one piece. I remember you being smarter than me though so good luck with what you bought.
If you're talking to me, I don't know you and we've never had any contact, so not sure how I'm smarter.

The only information you've offered to this thread is this, which offers exactly zero value prospectively. Now you're a retrospective expert.

Kind of a weird trailer for a raft. It just looks like a utility trailer. I always wondered why some people put rollers on their trailers. I know most people out west just back in the water float the boat and go, launched in 1 minute and out of the way. Doesn't look like you could back that in the water and has no axle clearance. Thats kind of why they designed raft trailers back in the day. I know putting in at lochsa people strew their crap all over the parking lot and sit in the way all day and you can't even get to the water.
duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014   #68

Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by orto11 View Post
Does the BS ever end? Seriously you made no such claim on this thread and none on any other thread I could find in a quick search... But I was reminded how much smarter you are than the rest of the world. You must be a legend in your own mind!
Old 07-15-2014   #69
swimming

Tacoma,Wa, Idaho
In typical Mountainbuzz fashion you all jump on something like mindless lemmings following each other to your death over a cliff. Instead of actually calling someone who builds a REAL raft trailer and getting some input from a pro and making an educated buying decision you take internet banter as gospel.

You were touting the excellent craftsmanship pushing his trailer to everyone, Ray Charles could see it was a bad design on the tounge.

Stop listening to people on here all you SHEEPLE, call around and actually ask the builders. Sick of the homemade thrown together crap and stupid questions all the time about how cheap can I make something

Same goes for frames and everything else the people on here cobble together
Old 07-15-2014   #70
swimming

Tacoma,Wa, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhaven View Post
Does the BS ever end? Seriously you made no such claim on this thread and none on any other thread I could find in a quick search... But I was reminded how much smarter you are than the rest of the world. You must be a legend in your own mind!
I thought it be more entertaining for all of my buddies and I to laugh when the boxes started breaking off the tounge of the trailers.

Just like the dry boxes everyone has been buying that are 10lbs heavier than a normal one lmao, there are thousands of .080 ones and now we all need one "named after a disease" that is super heavy because the other ones are turning to dust, please mbuzz wake up