Riverbank VS Ecosafe thrones - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-19-2016   #1

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
Riverbank VS Ecosafe thrones

I'm trying to decide between the two. Other than the UNGODLY price of the Riverbank system, one of my considerations is that I like to use wagbags where they are allowed. I can use them on Ecosafes. Can you use wagbags on the riverbank system?

ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2016   #2

Groveland, California
Wag-Bags work great on the Riverbank. I keep a piece of bungee on the neck of the inner tank, wrap the bag around the neck, bungee in place and set the seat back on. I have used both, every time you use the Riverbank you will be fine with the additional cost as you don't have to worry about you and your crews aim and subsequent cleanup. Also, when you add a couple rocket boxes to store the lid and tank the price isn't all that far off.

Good luck,
Guy
Old 09-19-2016   #3

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1coby View Post
...one of my considerations is that I like to use wagbags where they are allowed. I can use them on Ecosafes. Can you use wagbags on the riverbank system?
I'm not sure I understand. It seems redundant and like a lot more work to bring the entire system along and then use the bags. When using the bags, I just put one into a small bucket and fold the bag over the rim of the bucket to open it.

Am I missing something?

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016   #4

Groveland, California
Yes, totally redundant and expensive if you buying only to use exclusively with Wag-Bags. We own a Riverbank already and use it with Wag-Bags where allowed on short trips. My wife prefers it over a bucket...happy river wife, happy river life.... Though similar comfort could be had with the $10 bucket toilet seats available at WallyWorld which we use for the pee bucket.
Old 09-19-2016   #5

Bazzaro, World
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post

Am I missing something?

-AH
Me too. How do you dispose of bagged shit without creating a bio mess? Do ya dump it out of the bag? It there a place you can take that bags of shit in your neck of the woods? It just seems way easier to dump your shit at an RV dump station. That is why I shit in a Johnny, But that's just me.
Old 09-19-2016   #6

Groveland, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbagkayaker View Post
How do you dispose of bagged shit without creating a bio mess?
Doesn't get much easier than a Wag-Bag, open the lid and dump into the nearest dumpster/trash can....done. No hose, no poo-tube, no water, no cleanup. If you put it out in your home garbage, you might want to leave your garbage man a nice tip on the can or he might just skip you next go around.....

Dirtbag with a Johnny????
Old 09-19-2016   #7

Bazzaro, World
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPMG View Post
Doesn't get much easier than a Wag-Bag, open the lid and dump into the nearest dumpster/trash can....done.

No F-ing way could I just put human solid waste in a garbage dumpster. I just couldn't. Maybe its just me but it doesn't feel right. I'll make the extra time to dispose of my human waste where it will be treated and marked as such.
Old 09-19-2016   #8

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbagkayaker View Post
No F-ing way could I just put human solid waste in a garbage dumpster. I just couldn't. Maybe its just me but it doesn't feel right. I'll make the extra time to dispose of my human waste where it will be treated and marked as such.
I felt the same way, but I believe they have to meet certain specifications to be able to advertise that. Could not find that quoted on their site but their "tech" is developed by NASA, used by the military and hospitals:

"Poo Powder is a proprietary blend of a NASA-developed super-absorbent designed to gel and encapsulate liquid and solid waste, and a natural deodorizing agent and decay catalyst. Poo Powder is non-toxic and odorless, however if it comes in contact with eyes, flush with water immediately. If ingested, administer large amounts of water. Do not flush in a working toilet."
kayakfreakus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016   #9

Bazzaro, World
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakfreakus View Post
I felt the same way, but I believe they have to meet certain specifications to be able to advertise that. Could not find that quoted on their site but their "tech" is developed by NASA, used by the military and hospitals:

"Poo Powder is a proprietary blend of a NASA-developed super-absorbent designed to gel and encapsulate liquid and solid waste, and a natural deodorizing agent and decay catalyst. Poo Powder is non-toxic and odorless, however if it comes in contact with eyes, flush with water immediately. If ingested, administer large amounts of water. Do not flush in a working toilet."

Ya, no! IDK, I'm not putting shit in a garbage can. Nothing you say will convince me to put shit in a dumpster. I wouldn't advise anyone to do so.

Wow, That "Poo Powder" seems safe. Right?? Need to get me some... *shakes head*

Sometimes I think I live in bazaaro world.
Old 09-19-2016   #10

Portland, Oregon
Maybe I am being dumb....

but I put all my kids diapers in the trash and don't mark as biohazard. Don't most people do this???

Is it different than a dumpster???
PDX Duck is offline   Reply With Quote