Riverbank VS Ecosafe thrones - Page 3 - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-19-2016   #21

Bazzaro, World
Paddling Since: 2020
Sure PDX, you could follow those regs. The PDX dipper recycle will do better than land fill. The link is above.

That link you supplied even says to put your food waste, paper, and other recyclables in the garbage. Homey don't play that game.

Hey, If you want to go lowest common denominator I get it. If that's what it takes to get you through day. Most people will not go the extra mile. I understand. I just "try" to find the best ways to dispose of waste.

Hell you could even make the argument that the gas burnt in your car dropping of said dippers is worst than land fill if you want.

Advertisement

Old 09-19-2016   #22

Portland, Oregon
I don't take well to value judgments nor do I see any reason to continue this conversation. I was happily listening to your point of view but if you want to go that route i'm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbagkayaker View Post
Sure PDX, you could follow those regs. The PDX dipper recycle will do better than land fill. The link is above.

That link you supplied even says to put your food waste, paper, and other recyclables in the garbage. Homey don't play that game.

Hey, If you want to go lowest common denominator I get it. If that's what it takes to get you through day. Most people will not go the extra mile. I understand. I just "try" to find the best ways to dispose of waste.

Hell you could even make the argument that the gas burnt in your car dropping of said dippers is worst than land fill if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
PDX Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016   #23

Bazzaro, World
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Duck View Post
I don't take well to value judgments nor do I see any reason to continue this conversation. I was happily listening to your point of view but if you want to go that route i'm done.

Bahahahaha Heee Wow. #curveball

Now, Its a "value judgement" to choose between landfill or recycle?? OK. Your right! I value recycle systems and promote them more than you value them. And, I always will, until I die. Sorry if that value offends you.
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2016   #24

River City, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1coby View Post
I'm trying to decide between the two. Other than the UNGODLY price of the Riverbank system, one of my considerations is that I like to use wagbags where they are allowed. I can use them on Ecosafes. Can you use wagbags on the riverbank system?
The worst part of the ecosafe is the small target it gives you to hit the hole. On a large trip with many rafters there will be a mess on the poo slide that you'll have to clean off every time you break down the toilet. That reason right there is enough to consider any other system regardless of price. Even an ammo can with RV fittings on a second lid sounds more appealing then cleaning the poo slide on an eco safe after every break down/stowage.
OregonRafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016   #25

Portland, Oregon
Btw, that link you sent me is not for diapers. It is for diaper packaging.

#literacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbagkayaker View Post
Bahahahaha Heee Wow. #curveball

Now, Its a "value judgement" to choose between landfill or recycle?? OK. Your right! I value recycle systems and promote them more than you value them. And, I always will, until I die. Sorry if that value offends you.

PDX Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016   #26

billings, Montana
Paddling Since: Tues
Send a message via Yahoo to mttodd
The turd slide is exactly why I parted ways with my ecosafe. Went with the riverbank. The newer version of the Ecosafe has a much better funnel setup without the ramp, and can be retrofitted to older units. Much cleaner. I still prefer the selway unit, and have seen others use wag bags in it with relative ease.
mttodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016   #27

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2011
Clearly the proper move here is for everyone to compost their groover supplies, grow food, take food down your next river trip, deposit back into groover, repeat.
luckylauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016   #28

Bazzaro, World
I'm just glad that Idaho has regulations that make putting human shit in public dumpsters an infraction. I am also glad that there are more and more people every day going the extra mile to keep our rivers and beaches clean, and reduce land fill usage.

I'd like to think that PDX and Lucky feel that same and that they know dumping a couple gallons human shit in public dumpsters wrapped in plastic in Idaho is a crime.
Old 09-20-2016   #29

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
HOLY CRAP! (pun intended) What Happened to my thread?!

So anyway I hate the wagbag groovers because they are flimsey. And the reason I like to use wagbags is because of the easy cleanup. Especially with the Eco Safe system. The Eco systems I've seen in action had bags in them that extended up and around the "bowl" and made cleaning very easy. If they are allowed I would use them on the RiverBank system as well. (If I win the lottery to afford one that is) That way I have a good groover for when bags are not allowed. Best of both worlds.

So now, some of you have brought up a point I've never thought about much. Disposal. So far I've SEEN bags disposed in the dumpster behind my neighbors apartments. He pays a fortune in City taxes for those "commercial" dumpsters and I never thought twice watching him throw them away. I need to look into the city ordinances but in the mean time, is there a moral issue here? Even if it is legal I wouldn't do it if it's immoral. There are tons of "organics" that go into the the land fill and as I understand it the "organics" are a necessary part of the breaking down process of the rest of the trash. Poop might be processed food but it is still food and would be a very small part of the food that goes into the landfill every day. Thoughts?
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016   #30

Nampa, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2014
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMountain Buzz1474426518.906554.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	12324
I just finished a 5 day Hells Canyon on the Snake with 9 people. I took my new riverbank. It was super comfy and the base was very stable. It had a very large hole and aiming was not a problem for anyone on our trip. However, I have very limited experience, I have only used a riverbank. I was pretty happy with it and I am pretty sure my wife will like it when she comes on a multi day with me. My friend who has an ammo can with a toilet seat for his groover liked it. It looks like other members have confirmed it works with the bags. I will say that one of its unexpected benefits was that it made an excellent fishing platform or scouting tower on my raft. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMountain Buzz1474427089.118518.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	12325

Dr.AndyDVM is offline   Reply With Quote