Riverbank VS Ecosafe thrones - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-19-2016   #11
Misspellingintothefuture!

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Should invent a compostable version, the same with diapers, just rot that shit down.

Advertisement

Old 09-19-2016   #12

Groveland, California
Funny how threads progress...Where does all of the solid waste from the water treatment plant end up? I honestly don't know the answer to this, I picture it being dumped in a hole in Nevada somewhere, probably the same hole my Wag-Bags end up but without the need for many, many gallons of processing water. I'm pulling these numbers out of my wag-bag-filler, so don't hold me to it, but I would guess that if rafters had only used Wag-Bags since the beginning of rafting time, the waste wouldn't add up to 1% of what is put into landfills in one single day via diapers etc. Convince me I'm wrong and I'll change my evil ways, until then I'll happily use my overqualified Riverbank toilet as a Wag-Bag receptacle on occasion.
Old 09-19-2016   #13

Bazzaro, World
Paddling Since: 2020
Just checked Idaho human waste laws. Thank god wag bags for rafting parties is not allowed for multiple day trips. Bag waste is only for day use or kayak self support. Be careful opening a dumpster on Colorado. Huh??
Old 09-19-2016   #14

Bazzaro, World
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Duck View Post
but I put all my kids diapers in the trash and don't mark as biohazard. Don't most people do this???

No, No, No! Not at all. There are places that will take your shitty dippers. You put your paper where paper goes, your aluminum cans where cans go, batteries where batteries go, and shit where shit goes. I get that some don't care and hate recycling but I really cann't believe I'm having this conversion in this forum.

http://www.pdxdiaperbank.org/get-involved/recycle/

I cann't believe I have to ask this forum to take extra care of your shit. Its mind blowing..
Old 09-19-2016   #15

Bazzaro, World
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPMG View Post

Convince me I'm wrong and I'll change my evil ways,
Water treatment plants are the best way to deal with human waste that we currently have. Not perfect but the best we have.

1% adds up over time.

I'm not even going to try to convince you that you are wrong. But I think you can do better. Just saying.
Old 09-19-2016   #16

Portland, Oregon
Diaper Disposal

Just checked with my municipality --- my family is following the guidelines for disposal of diapers: bagged.

If this is the big difference between chucking in a dumpster I think I get it. If something different is being suggested I guess I am just dense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbagkayaker View Post
No, No, No! Not at all. There are places that will take your shitty dippers. You put your paper where paper goes, your aluminum cans where cans go, batteries where batteries go, and shit where shit goes. I get that some don't care and hate recycling but I really cann't believe I'm having this conversion in this forum.

Recycle! - PDX Diaper Bank

I cann't believe I have to ask this forum to take extra care of your shit. Its mind blowing..
PDX Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016   #17

Bazzaro, World
Quote:
Just checked with my municipality --- my family is following the guidelines for disposal of diapers: bagged.

If this is the big difference between chucking in a dumpster I think I get it. If something different is being suggested I guess I am just dense.
I just did a quick search of PDX dipper recycle. Thats what I got. I maybe should have read their info.

Out here they take the bag of dippers and separate the human waste from the plastic and fiber.

But if that is what they recommend in your area and that's the best you can do?? Then what else is there? Right.

This is not about being smart or dense. Just about stepping it up environmentally and doing the best we can in our short life time so we don't fuck it up for our children.

Old 09-19-2016   #18

Portland, Oregon
Best i can do....

Maybe not I didn't even realize there was another way to do this. Would never have crossed my mind that people don't put diapers in the trash --- and my wife is a recycling / composting Nazi. Can't wait to tell her this story.

Quote:
I just did a quick search of PDX dipper recycle. Thats what I got. I maybe should have read their info.

Out here they take the bag of dippers and separate the human waste from the plastic and fiber.

But if that is what they recommend in your area and that's the best you can do?? Then what else is there? Right.

This is not about being smart or dense. Just about stepping it up environmentally and doing the best we can in our short life time so we don't fuck it up for our children.

Old 09-19-2016   #19

Bazzaro, World
Quote:

Just reread. The guideline clearly states you need to drop your dippers off at a receiving station. Not your local dumpster or garbage can. Right?? Am I wrong?

They will separate and recycle.
Old 09-19-2016   #20

Portland, Oregon
This is what I am referring to...

https://www.portlandoregon.gov/bps/article/368864

Quote:
Just reread. The guideline clearly states you need to drop your dippers off at a receiving station. Not your local dumpster or garbage can. Right?? Am I wrong?

They will separate and recycle.