Old 05-28-2013   #1
Ridgway, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
Ridgway raft repair

Does anyone know of anyone that does raft repair near ridgway? I've got a slow leak in a brand new rocky mountain raft... i've had her all soaped up nary a bubble is visible to my eyes...

borntobathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #2
Hard pack, Utah
Paddling Since: 01
unfortunate to be looking into a repair on a brand new raft. I've been hearing good things about Rocky Mountain Rafts this year. Do they offer any warranty work?

Anyway, make sure you soap-up real good in/around the valves, and check for leaks. Could just be that one isn't seated right. That would be the easiest/cheapest fix

NWO Whiewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #3
montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I do small to medium jobs sometimes, but I don't have time this summer to take anything on. Don't those have warranties? If you really need repair work on a brand new raft I would think they would pay shipping to one of the repair shops in Salida or Denver.

Anyways, it sounds like a leaky valve to me. Probably needs to be cleaned or new guts put in it. Neither job takes more than 20 minutes, and you should learn to take those valves apart anyway. Next time you soap it up make sure to put a little in and around the valve and look for bubbles.
mikepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013   #4
Western Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
There is a RMR dealer in Rifle and in South Fork, I would start there or from the dealer you bought it from. You have a 5 yr warranty.
fourtyfloater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #5
Montrose, Colorado
Check the valve. I had a slow leak on the floor valve on my RMR when it was new. Just a little tightening with a Leafield C-7 wrench solved the problem.
If not, check your PM for a message. The president of RMR contacted me when I reported the problem and was very helpful.

Loving my RMR. It is a bit of a pig, but has been bomber. Ran Westwater last week at high flows and found out later there was a lot of carnage before and after me. I would like to take the credit for being an awesome captain, but the truth is the boat is fairly forgiving on big water and covered my mistakes well. Great boat for the money.
QuietHunter is offline   Reply With Quote