Old 12-22-2010   #11
sh$t show voyeuor/host
Barnard(Marshall), North Carolina
Paddling Since: wen?
Originally Posted by garystrome View Post
They were inquiring about down river boats...not Aires
Please excuse me Gary for comparing an experience I had with DRE and their customer support with those I have had with Aire. I have a first hand account of DRE's customer service and warranty support so I thought I would share that information with Riodaze. All I said is that they may not build their own boats, but defiantly don't create or record the serial numbers, which can be an issue for resale, warranty or model identification. I will add that DRE's customer support staff was very nice and understanding of my situation. Sorry to compare apples to apples, excuse me Taiwanese apples to American apples, but you must use a benchmark of some sort.

matt cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010   #12
Highlands Ranch, CO Paddling Since: 1993
Matt just for the record there are very few companies in the outdoor industry that actually have their own factory. I am not familiar with Aire but in general you can not judge a company for not owning their own factory.

stinginrivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010   #13
Paddling Since: 1994
Disclaimer!!!!!!!!!!! I do the warranty work for all DRE boats. I dont work for them. They are a customer of mine.

Also, I am in no way criticizing or comparing other companies policies or products, merely stating my professional opinon on DRE customer service and warranty procedure.

There are a lot of quality rafts out there and quality companies standing behing those rafts. DRE is one of those companies, happens to be a customer of mine, and is the brand in question. Hopefully this answers outstanding questions and clears the record.

There is rhyme and reason to the serial numbers on DRE boats. They are assigned at the factory, in asia. Korea or china depending on the year and model. If you have a question on when your boat was made, feel free to email me with the serial number at and I can tell you when your boat was made. I do believe that the staff at DRE doesnt know about the serial numbers as the layout has changed over the years and it isnt something they train all their staff on. Frankly, they dont need to. DRE has as good if not better customer service than anyone else in the industry. The fact is, if you have a problem with your DRE boat, they take care of it. If you have had an issue you know that as far as customers are concerned they dont mess around with serial numbers. They deal close enough with their customers and have few enough warranties that you have a name not just a serial number. They take your boat, they send it to me and it gets fixed, or replaced. I cant tell you how many boats have come to me with obvious abuse and neglect issues and they said to warranty it, sometimes after the warranty is up and or i have advised against it. The serial numbers are more for dealing with the factory in the event of an issue. DRE and Raftfix deal with that hassle, not the customer. DRE is a small local company who buys from a factory in asia and it is true that they arent watching over the shoulder of the factory workers, few "manufactures" are. All brands of rafts have issues, trust me. If i bought a raft that had an issue, returned it to the company and they gave me a new boat, i'd be stoked. What more can you ask for. If you have somehow fallen through the cracks let DRE know and I am sure you will be satisfied with the customer sevice you recieve.

zach baird
zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote