I patched a couple holes in the air cell floor of my trib tomcat, I am not sure if it is the same material or not. I went to the local shop, and they found me some patch material, that we think was the right stuff. Had to open on of their tomcats, and compare to their materials, but we finally found one that seemed like a realy good match. Definately not vinyl tape. I used mek to clean it, and clifton adhesive. That was this spring, and I have run it all summer without a notion that it might be leaking.
I think the main thing for you is to get the material that matches the aircell, and do a patch with cliftons. I think the vinyl tape is a temporary fix for when time is more critical.
"If I'm not there, it means I'm dead...or late!" General W.R. Monger