Raft Porn Needed -Let's see them rigs!!! - Page 66 - Mountain Buzz
 



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-20-2013   #651
 
zbaird's Avatar
 
Paddling Since: 1994
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 913
The ottoman really does make the couch usable. I got so tired of the thing flipping forward on me in the flats, much less in rapids or when some one sneak attacks from the rear. The ottoman really makes it stable and allows you to be able to chill with confidence or actually paddle the thing without contorting yourself and it lets you keep your feet dry when the water is freezing. It is still a couch though, not the most stable or nimble thing in whitewater but it sure is fun if you can find some warm water. Mid summer westy's and cataracts are the best. The other thing about the ottoman is it makes the couch an awesome shoulder massage setup and provides extra seating in camp. It really should just come standard, i mean whats a couch without an ottoman anyway? If anyone needs an ottoman addition on their couch, which everyone one does, I can take care of it for you.

__________________
zach baird
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-20-2013   #652
 
lhowemt's Avatar
 
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,395
OK I know it's not a dog thread, but here's the pup. Pearl and her big sis Lila
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0265.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	7153   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0252.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	7154  

__________________
I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #653
 
yesimapirate's Avatar
 
Up shites creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbaird View Post
The ottoman really does make the couch usable. I got so tired of the thing flipping forward on me in the flats, much less in rapids or when some one sneak attacks from the rear. The ottoman really makes it stable and allows you to be able to chill with confidence or actually paddle the thing without contorting yourself and it lets you keep your feet dry when the water is freezing. It is still a couch though, not the most stable or nimble thing in whitewater but it sure is fun if you can find some warm water. Mid summer westy's and cataracts are the best. The other thing about the ottoman is it makes the couch an awesome shoulder massage setup and provides extra seating in camp. It really should just come standard, i mean whats a couch without an ottoman anyway? If anyone needs an ottoman addition on their couch, which everyone one does, I can take care of it for you.
Any close up photos of how you attached it? I'm thinking several straps would do the trick, but photos are always good.
yesimapirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #654
 
cataraftgirl's Avatar
 
Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhowemt View Post
OK I know it's not a dog thread, but here's the pup.
Welcome to Mountain Buzz Pearl !!!!!
She looks pretty mellow. A great river dog in the making. Tucker is 5 years old, and I'd never get a picture like that because he won't sit still on the boat. I'm hoping that the switch to a raft will help?

I got a gear net from SNS for my little raft. It's a nice tight weave, so I'm hoping it will work well for a dog. I'll need a bigger one for the new raft when I get it.
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #655
 
lhowemt's Avatar
 
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
Welcome to Mountain Buzz Pearl !!!!!
She looks pretty mellow. A great river dog in the making. Tucker is 5 years old, and I'd never get a picture like that because he won't sit still on the boat. I'm hoping that the switch to a raft will help?

I got a gear net from SNS for my little raft. It's a nice tight weave, so I'm hoping it will work well for a dog. I'll need a bigger one for the new raft when I get it.
She is the sweetest little girl! Well mannered, appropriately behaved, darn near self-training, and the Kraken doesn't come out very often.


I like that. We have one of the big open weave nets and while I'm always careful to rig it tight there is risk. I sure did like the open weave on a low MFS one year, it helped after pushing the boat off rocks to use it to jump back in. but I'm thinking of a big everything bag, if I can find one big enough to pack flat. I will probably just have one made custom so it can do it, and then a paco and net over that.
__________________
I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #656
 
zbaird's Avatar
 
Paddling Since: 1994
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 913
I used 2 thwart card attachments, like the ones on a raft. Straps would let the thwart roll up onto the seat and wouldnt provide the stability. I can take some pics and try and post them, or you could send me an email at info@raftfix.com and I could send you some pics. It really is a night and day difference in the comfort and function of the couch.
__________________
zach baird
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #657
 
Avatard's Avatar
 
portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbaird View Post
I used 2 thwart card attachments, like the ones on a raft. Straps would let the thwart roll up onto the seat and wouldnt provide the stability. I can take some pics and try and post them, or you could send me an email at info@raftfix.com and I could send you some pics. It really is a night and day difference in the comfort and function of the couch.
Does it add to the stability of the couch? I tried floating a class I rapid on that couch and had to deflate the crap out of it to keep it from flipping over. Then I thought to myself that aire really needs to add more surface area to the base to keep it upright
__________________
________________________________________
Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it "guaranteed", I will. I got spare time.
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #658
 
Olympia, Washington
Paddling Since: 1980
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 29
That is exactly how we feel!
riverinstigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #659
 
Avatard's Avatar
 
portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverinstigator View Post
That is exactly how we feel!
It even needs a thwart behind the seat
__________________
________________________________________
Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it "guaranteed", I will. I got spare time.
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #660
 
zbaird's Avatar
 
Paddling Since: 1994
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 913
It adds a TON of stability. The thing can actually be paddled without flipping forward! It does still flip, no doubt about it, but the ottoman gives you a chance of making it where as before you were likely to flip at the top of a rapid trying to set up rather than in it. I have kicked around the idea of another thwart behind the seat as well but how out of hand with out-rigging does a guy need to get with his couch? I mean if you are couching rapids, you kinda gotta expect to swim. Its nice to at least be able to float around in the eddy without the worry of leaning forward and dumping everyone.
__________________
zach baird
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shuttle Rigs on the CKS Blog... JCKeck1 Whitewater Kayaking 2 10-17-2011 12:51 AM
Ghetto Rigs rafterman Kayaking | Gear Talk 18 04-30-2011 09:26 AM
More Input Needed On an Odyssey Raft jdmusante Rafting | Gear Talk 1 03-21-2010 12:51 PM
Support Raft Needed FirstDescents Whitewater Rafting 7 07-21-2009 03:56 PM
looking for folks to run whitewater on Poudre in oar rigs red wiggler Whitewater Kayaking 5 06-06-2005 10:20 AM

» Classified Ads
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.