Old 03-15-2006   #11
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
If you're talking about an encapsulated boat you're probably OK with 10 yrs. I've seen an outfitter in Pagosa that leaves their Maravias out all summer and they seem to be fine. If its just PVC I'd be wary of abrasions and pinhole leaks. Something else to consider with the age will be the condition of the D rings and other glued on accessories. With any used boat you'll need to air it up & give it a good look over. If its like you say, it sounds pretty cherry. PM me (or just ask here) if you want a reality check on the price.

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #12
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Used Maravias at factory right now

Solitude traded in some stuff recently. Call Cascade and you can get the Maravia number. They were reconditioned at the factory and I know they had some Williwaw 2s and something else too around 2k each.

I have the Willi 2 and absolutely love it. Run around 50 trips on the MF as a guide and private and love it. Two Selways at five feet and six feet plus. I think it tracks and handles really well. I like a smaller boat for a paddle boat but this boat runs pretty well if you have to paddle it. 16 feet long.

I have run the willi 1 bunches as a paddle boat and I like it a lot too. Adventurer is probably my favorite paddle boat but who has 6.5k for a boat. Not I.

Good luck,

carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #13
Agreed, go with maravia. Light as hell, they do like to spin a bit and get blown around in the wind because they are so light, but it makes them responsive when you need it in a sticky situation. Paddled the maravia, nrs, and hyside. If I had one to chose I would be all over a 14' maravia.

edit: can't say i liked paddling off a maravia. Dat ass end is way to high off the water to not get the back sore.
Jobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006   #14
bum, Colorado
Avon all the way!!!!!

ntibbs is offline   Reply With Quote