Old 01-17-2016   #1
Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Paddling Since: 2013
R2 Raft Camera Mount

So I have used some Scotty plastics (mainly aimed at fishing) stuff for a pole camera mount on my mini-cat for a couple years and I most recently just picked up there Float tube strap mount for a back of Raft Camera mount for R2ing in a buddies raft. I just wanted to post some pictures of the set up as it's off the shelf essentially, no fabrication required, and it's good quality. Note you could replace the black straps with plastic buckle that come with it with cam straps but they seem ok for now - we tested them out and all that. Doesn't seem to move with enough tension on the straps but if you flipped and the pole hit something it should slide/move so I think it's just the right amount of tension if it's fair to say to hold it in place. Here are some pics of the set up. Can also be strapped around a thwart for more of an upfront view.

Here is a list of the products used in this picture (No association to Scotty other than my name is Scott LOL)

No. 241 side/deck mount

No. 254 Rod holder extender (optional to install to raise camera mount up)

No. 135 Camera/Compass mount. Has a slot to hold Go-Pros and a bolt that is the same as most action camera tripod mount threads

No. 266 Float tube Adaptor

If you use a little black electrical tape (the joints do lock together) it helps snug everything up together better.

Looking forward to getting some sweet video using this set up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1179.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	10898   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1178.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	10899  

Future owner of AIRE Wave Destroyer w/MadCatr Frame
SpeyCatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016   #2
Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
So Spey, for two years now you have asked every question imaginable to compare the Wave Destroyer and Legend down to the most Microscopic detail and stitch count,........ and then you went round?!?!

Just razzin ya brotha.

ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016   #3
Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Paddling Since: 2013
No No, Still getting "the cat," but when I took guide training last year I realized how much fun paddle crewing a raft is as well. Actually just being on the river is plain fun period, as you already know. And like you, I LOVE to talk boating, technical specs, details, and soak it all up. It's tough to make the finances fall into order with this sh*tty Canadian dollar though. Getting the frame FO SHO this year as I was already on the wait list but if there are better times ahead for the CDN dollar I'm not averse to waiting a little to get the tubes potentially if it saves me money. Not sure this will happen so I may just end up sucking it up. Especially when I will have the frame in June-July-ish and it will be staring at me HARD! And I'll be staring back!

And as for you - ok, I'll play - are you ever gonna stop the musical cataraft tubes? BEEEOTCH!! When are you gonna commit!!!
Future owner of AIRE Wave Destroyer w/MadCatr Frame
SpeyCatr is offline   Reply With Quote