Mountain Buzz banner

Quick connect system for passenger seat mount?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  slamkal 
#1 ·
I use NRS passenger seat mounts to move seats among two different frames. The seat mounts have always been secure for me but I can't help but think there could be a quicker way to put them on/take off.

One idea was to get some 2" aluminum U channel welded to a seat plate and drill a hole/s through the cross bar and U channel. A bolt or snap pin could be a very quick means of securing the setup.

Think this would be strong enough? Any better ideas? I know, "buy another seat" but I have three and like them for different applications. Whitewater, fishing and booze cruises all utilize different seats. Just looking to play around.

#5 ·
I think eventually the stresses would ovalize the holes. I think you would probably want two pins and two separate holes through the pipes. But prolly strong enough, as long as passenger is not rocking back on the seat. Do they make c channel that has long enough fins?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.