Mountain Buzz banner

Pre-78' Avon Valves

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Schutzie 
#1 ·
Anyone have any beta on pre-78' Avon raft valves? We still have a 76' and are trying to find valve parts/gaskets. The valves look and operate similar to Leafield A-7's but are not Leafield, are surface mounted like the newer C-7's, and the pin/shaft in the center that you push and turn to open and close it is brass. Would be helpful to know the brand if anyone knows. Thx

#2 ·
answer

Ok i have never been on a forum so here it goes

i just got a 1974 avon raft from my dad the valve is a ALFONS HAAR SF1 valve it took me forever to find that out to there is a rebuild kit for them im trying to get ahold of the manufacturer to just order the one part i need the rubber seal at the bottom of the brass stem

#3 ·
Hey Thanks!

Yawns thanks for posting. My buddy Jim has a 1970's Avon that's why we're searching. Boat is still in great shape but slow leaks somewhere and we think it's the valves. Also, that valve design is slightly different in that it has that o-ring seal that you're talking about, so without that it's a little harder to pump than it should be.

I'll look too but if you find that valve repair kit would you please let me know and I'll do the same?

Thanks,

BCJ

#4 ·
FOUND THEM!

Hey friend I think I've found them (Google is good, so is Bing):

Here's a diagram and instruction set on the valve itself:

http://www.ribstore.co.uk/cms-assets/documents/66299-826422.alfons-haar-sf1-inflation-valve-servic

And here is a listing at a place in the UK that may have the rebuild kit:

Alfons Haar SF1 Inflation Valve Service Kit for RNLI and Sillinger...

I'm going to contact the dealer to make sure the cap seal is also included as it is not mentioned specifically.

Nice work! Muchas gracias!

BCJ

#5 ·
Hey friend I think I've found them (Google is good, so is Bing):

Here's a diagram and instruction set on the valve itself:

http://www.ribstore.co.uk/cms-assets/documents/66299-826422.alfons-haar-sf1-inflation-valve-servic

And here is a listing at a place in the UK that may have the rebuild kit:

Alfons Haar SF1 Inflation Valve Service Kit for RNLI and Sillinger...

I'm going to contact the dealer to make sure the cap seal is also included as it is not mentioned specifically.

Nice work! Muchas gracias!

BCJ
Dude!
Did you check in with D-9? If he doesn't have it somewhere in his piles, he probably knows where to find them.

Also, you wanna T Shirt at the reunion? If so, size and quantity.
Did you decide what you want to do for accommodations at the reunion?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.