Old 06-07-2016   #1
cedar city, Utah
Positive Shout Outs

I wanted to add a few remarks about great experiences I have had recently. Its easy for my mind to wander to the constructive criticism side and forget all of the great service in our industry:

Cascade Outfitters: They really stepped up recently with a small refund that could have been easily brushed under the rug. I called and added an item to an existing order and an employee made an understandable, minor mistake. They were prompt in addressing my request and gracious in their response.

Clifton Adhesives (an odd one to shout out): I had some email conversations with them recently about their Hypalon adhesive. They responded quickly and took the time to answer my specific concerns. A big company like Royal Adhesives, who owns the Clifton brand, didn't have to pay attention to a concerned boater but they did. Not only did I learn my previously "frozen" glue was just fine to use but I also got some chemistry education while researching their products.

Time and again I am reminded we have a pretty sweet hobby and community of passionate people. We all seem to take care of each other, even if we step on each other's feet every now and again.

Hope to see some additions to the list. Have a great summer!

restrac2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016   #2
tacoma, Washington
Paddling Since: 2009
Shout to trojan! They retroactively refunded me with interest on my first child do to a bad heat weld that broke!

Talking to customers or making a mistake and fixing it is just doing your job,lol

Sequel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016   #3
Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
I know feelings vary wildly on NRS, but I have to say that I've been impressed by the service I've received from them recently. I've called their frame shop at least 4 times in the last few months with various questions about custom frame pieces, and they've always been informative and willing to talk, and even gave me some insight that I hadn't thought about.

I recently ordered a custom sized narrow deluxe footbar to allow for rocket boxes in my captain's bay, and not only did they waive the custom bend fee because it was narrower than a standard, they also called to verify a measurement that I wasn't 100% on. It also shipped within 2 days of placing the order, and was on my doorstep 12 hours after I received the shipping notice. A very positive experience dealing with one of the bigger companies in the industry.
seantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016   #4
Top Quality River Gear
Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1960
Cascade River Gear formally Cascade Outfitters

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for the great shout out! We really appreciate it I am happy we got you all taken care of; nothing is more important to us than taking care of our awesome river family. Let me know if there is anything we can help you with in the future and have a fabulous boating season!

Keep it Right Side Up,

Renee Zettle
General Manager of Getting Splashy
Cascade River Gear
Cascade River Gear is offline   Reply With Quote