Old 09-27-2015   #61
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Originally Posted by SpeyCatr View Post
You wouldn't happen to have any pics of your set up would you? I have talked to Dave a bit about what he would eventually build me when I go from the wait list to the build date list at the end of the year for 2016 and I am now debating between a 2 person frame which is what I was originally thinking (he told me it would be a tall order but he thinks he can do it) or a 1 man frame with a separate cargo/passenger module I could add if I bring someone or need extra space for gear. I would love to see what he has built you.
I don't have any pics of the module right now. I've posted several of the main frame in earlier posts, just search my name. The main frame is pretty much his standard one, adjusted slightly to fit my height and leg length. I do agree with some others that the width b/w the foot loops is a little wide, but I mainly use the extra footbar he added across the front except when in bigger water. I added a few inches to the rear cargo area to fit my cooler and it comes with the mounting plate for a rear passenger seat, which I've never used.

The cargo module is something he built me from a pic I found on the web. It's pretty basic, just an extra bay to hold a dry box or cooler (if I use the rear cargo space for something else) which the passenger sits on. And a footwell for the passenger's feet. I put it in front of the main frame and adjust weight to get a good trim, but I suppose you could put it in the back too.

duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015   #62
Fresno, California
Paddling Since: 1990
Originally Posted by sammyphsyco View Post
Thanks Spider for screwing with my head. I was thinking of getting a cat in addition to my storm. Now WTF? I guess I'll row the storm next year and reevaluate next fall.

HI Sammy hope u are doing well sorry about losing my mind i just got out of the hospital.
Went and saw my nephew out of solitary and has found god...
he wants to go down the Cal Salmon.. He likes freight train

Villainista is offline   Reply With Quote