Old 08-11-2016   #31
Nampa, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2014
Nice puns! Flaming.... Stove! Crack...cracked tubing!

Dr.AndyDVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016   #32
Rainy Northwest, Washington
Paddling Since: 1980
Originally Posted by washoe99 View Post
Wow.... ask a simple question go camping for a few days and get back on here to read all sorts of flaming.

A few of you would make crack investigative journalists

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Only one slightly smoky post in this thread. Didn't see flames.

Many of us looked at that stove and considered it. That's why I know what it looks like. I would have likely bought one, but found a screaming deal on a partner as part of a package. I think the only issue with what brand stove it was, was who might fix it, under what kind of warranty. Looks like a solder job to me. You might also try a hi-temp silicone sealant, but that would probably mess up the chance to solder it.

swiftwater15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016   #33
Albany, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
Spinning nut resolved

Thanks for the suggestions.
Ultimately there was no way that nut would catch a thread so I opted to just install a new needle valve assembly (from the two spares I had in the kit).
The advantage of doing that is the stop nut can be threaded on and tightened before the knob is attached to the shaft - so easy to access.
Once assembled the knob can be pressed on (after softening in hot water).
While putting the stuff away, went ahead and disassembled the original part by softening in hot water then using a pry bar to get the knob off.
Knowing this now, a field repair should be easy peazy. Would not have been the case without having gone through this at home.

Thanks again!
malloypc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016   #34
Portland, Oregon
One of the unlucky...

I must be one of the few who has jacked his Partner stove. I used diffuser plates (which weren't cheap by the way) and pretty much melted the knobs and the internal gaskets. Flames shot out the front of the stove and all sorts of crazy arse shit. Bought the Partner repair kit, the "risers" and cut up some of my diffuser plates to allow more airflow.

I still have problems with the stove every time. Had to replace the nobs again and my buddy found some really nice ones that work way better than originals. If I lived in ID I would probably have just driven to Partner by now but shipping that bad boy from PDX can't be a good way to spend money.

Don't get me wrong, I love the stove, but it is definitely a hassle / crap shoot now.
PDX Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016   #35
Nampa, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2014
Wow. I almost bought the diffuser plates to use with the griddle.

The knobs are the one thing I don't like about the Partner. Within 3/4 of a turn from the off position, it's on full blast. Micro-small adjustments within that range make big changes to the flame. Then you have 2-3 more turns before you hit the stop which have no effect because the flame is already at max. I wish it took more turns to get to max so the flame was easier to adjust. I am constantly turning it off by accident trying to turn it down to low.

Dr.AndyDVM is offline   Reply With Quote