Call me something other than Dumas

Advertisement

Old 08-11-2016   #22

north little rock, Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinemnky13 View Post
Let's wait for the op confirmation before we all digress to trolling

Call me something other than Dumas
Well, I think the direction this thread took was inevitable, and I hope I didn't nudge it in that direction. If I could have afforded a Partner back when I bought my Stansport I certainly would have bought a Partner.
lncoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016   #23

Post Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Which ever it is he still needs to fix it, I'd still boat with someone even if they Gasp have a knockoff partner. 😉

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016   #24

north little rock, Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul7 View Post
Which ever it is he still needs to fix it, I'd still boat with someone even if they Gasp have a knockoff partner. 😉

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Not me. I'd kick sand on his stove and throw a turkey leg at him.
lncoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016   #25

Nampa, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2014
I'm glad the OP posted his question. I've enjoyed reading the posts. It's interesting to get this kind of feedback on a product.

I can't imagine that Partner would undertake the liability of altering or repairing another company's product. Therefore, the suggestions that we give to the OP will be very different now that we know its not a Partner. Especially, since Stansport appears to have discontinued production of the Tuff Stove and they don't repair their products, they replace them.

My advice to the OP would be to contact Stansport if the product has been purchased within 90 days and get a replacement stove. Since they aren't making them anymore, it may be a different model. Perhaps a model that is unsuitable to the OP's needs. If the warranty has expired, then the HVAC option suggested by Incoop will probably be the best repair alternative for the OP.

From their website:
"Warranty
Stansport provides a 90 day warranty on the products offered for sale on this website. Stansport warrants that products sold to the first non-dealer purchaser will be free from defects in material and workmanship. If a product does have a defect, Stansport’s obligation is expressly limited to replacement, without charge. Stansport’s obligation under this warranty does not extend beyond the initial cost of the product and accordingly any consequential damages or costs arising out of a defect are expressly excluded. This warranty shall not apply to products that have been altered or improperly used. Notice of a defect must be received by STANSPORT within ninety (90) days from the date of purchase."
Dr.AndyDVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016   #26

Jenks, Oklahoma
I wonder if the entire Mountain Buzz crew has been baited by the original post.

If washoe99 would just post where he purchased this stove and if the stove is a Partner Steel or another brand, I bet this thread would cease to exist.

how about it washoe99, is your stove a partner steel stove or some other brand?
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016   #27

Albany, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
Not an intended thread hi-jack, but do any of you Partner experts have an answer for my issue with a real honest to goodness Partner Steel Stove?

Another Partner Stove Question

I did speak to the good folks at Partner and was told "I don't put them together the way you need to with the repair kit", then it was suggested to "try using a paper clip to press in on the stop nut while turning it".

Easier said than done. I still find myself just spinning the 7/8" bent wrench with no threads catching.

Help!
malloypc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016   #28

Delta, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1971
malloypc It's probably the lead in thread on one of the parts. Look closely and see if the first thread has been bent or damaged. A small file or thread repair file should fix it. A thread has a sharp point that's easily damaged if your worried about doing it your self have a machinist or a good mechanic do it for you.
John the welder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016   #29

C. Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by malloypc View Post
Not an intended thread hi-jack, but do any of you Partner experts have an answer for my issue with a real honest to goodness Partner Steel Stove?

Another Partner Stove Question

I did speak to the good folks at Partner and was told "I don't put them together the way you need to with the repair kit", then it was suggested to "try using a paper clip to press in on the stop nut while turning it".

Easier said than done. I still find myself just spinning the 7/8" bent wrench with no threads catching.

Help!
A picture or two might help. Maybe blow everything out with an air hose. Thread damage is always a possibility. Are you holding your tongue out correctly? Has the O ring expanded maybe? Is the size different from a new one? Sometimes an O ring will get a slice in it you can't see but will hang it up on installation. Can you thread it together without the O ring on it? Just some thoughts
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016   #30

Helena, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
Wow.... ask a simple question go camping for a few days and get back on here to read all sorts of flaming.

A few of you would make crack investigative journalists

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
washoe99 is offline   Reply With Quote