Old 06-25-2016   #21
Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Originally Posted by okieboater View Post
Like cataraftgirl, I have spent a lot of money on Partner Steel stuff and it lasts a long time with minimal care. I have their 2 and 4 burner stoves and that 2 burner is great for coffee and tea water while we cook on the 4 burner. and, my P/S compact fire pan warps as well.

I think key to P/S not sticking is exactly like cataraftgirl does IE plenty of PAM spray.

Plenty of PAM spray on bottom and sides of my DO's when baking cakes and rarely do I get a crust stick. I even spray my lodge cast with PAM then put in some corn oil when making southern style crusty corn bread. I have been experimenting with parchment paper on some DO cake batters and still do PAM on the DO and on top of the parchment paper and that works well on some cake batter and not needed on others.

If you look in my DO box there is always a couple PAM cans IE in use and spare. I use PAM for a lot of things, spray grills when BBQing, noisy oar locks. DO, griddle, even some sauce pans depending what goes inside and after one disaster on my plastic liner groover cans I have been known to have a special PAM can just to spray down those nasty things for easier clean out.

We also Pam the groover before the first "deposit."

Bakers Joy for cakes & brownies in the DO is my new favorite thing. Pam-esque spray with flour built in. Great stuff for baking. I've never tried the foil liners or parchment in my DO, but I do use parchment when I dry bake stuff on my backpacker stove when I sea kayak. I used to do trips with an outfitter who kept a cup of vegetable oil & a folded piece of paper towel next to the griddle when making pancakes. A quick dip & spread before each new batch. The Pam spray is just a lot quicker.

+1 on the PS griddle handles being hot. Touch that bad boy once & you learn. I'm still having a hard time picturing a PS griddle warping under normal use

I have turned into the Fire Pan Police when it comes to my "baby." I truly love my PS compact fire pan with the removable legs. if someone asks to have an evening camp fire they have to abide by my rules. If you build it, you must tend it until it's out. If I catch you dumping water in it so you come go to bed because you're tired & bored of the camp fire, you will have hell to pay

"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love....and then we return home."
Australian Aboriginal Proverb
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote