Old 07-17-2016   #1
Rainy Northwest, Washington
Paddling Since: 1980
Outlaw Cat Report

My wife got me a 13 foot NRS Outlaw Cat for Christmas. Since I haven't read much about them, I thought I would give a little report.

First, I have had a 2004 Aire Ocelot, and a 13' Sotar Legend, so I have some basis for sport cat comparison. Also own a Leopard and a Jaguarundi. Sold my Legend a couple of years ago to help cobble together a down payment on a new house.

First, the construction. I like the three chambers per pontoon as a safety feature. The boat is well put together with a full length chafer strip on top.

Material: The material is thick, but is definitely softer than either my Ocelot, or my Legend. To be expected vis a vis the Legend, since PVC is softer then Urethane. The effect is that the boat is a little "stickier" when glancing off or over a rock, or dragging it into the water for a launch.

Performance: The boat performs really well. The rocker and thickness carried into the ends means it doesn't pencil in like my old ocelot when surfing or dropping over a ledge. It surfs well.

All in all, it was definitely worth the roughly 1100 bucks it cost during last year's Christmas sales. I will probably end up with another Legend (once my cash reserves are replenished), but in the meantime this is a great boat

Got my frame from Dusty's River Logistics down in Oregon. Great guy, great frame.
swiftwater15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off