Old 04-16-2010   #1
Canon City, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
New NRS Rafts

Who's gotten their hands on one of the new urethane NRS rafts? It looks like they've switched completely over from hypalon except for the Otter series. Just curious how they look, and how they drive.

NRS Revolution Osprey 120 SB Raft

climbdenali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010   #2
vancouver, Washington
Paddling Since: 1996
they must have a lot of confidence in this new product ...

3 year warrantee. Are they trying to further differentiate themselves from real raft manufacturers???

slamkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010   #3
Indianapolis, Indiana
exactly what I thought when I saw them, 3 years?????

if they don't have confidence in them, I'd be hesistant to shell out that much
bellotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010   #4
vancouver, Washington
Paddling Since: 1996
yeah if they are such revolutionary than why not 30 year warrantees?
slamkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010   #5
I have no idea about these new rafts, but I have to say that the NRS hypalon rafts were a great quality product - as good as any raft out there. Durable, track well, great all the way around. And NRS customer service is great too. I would not hesitate to get one of these rafts. I haven't been that impressed by the quality of NRS gear for the most part, but their rafts are the exception.
BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010   #6
Send a message via ICQ to northfwestg
nrs hypo

well, down on the boatyard we have 10 nrs expedition series rafts, built in the year of 1996.Used and abused 100 times a year these boats keep rocking. So yes nrs is a great product. Now over the past 10 years us river monkeys have seen a general degrading of retail products. Things that used to be bomber, are not so anymore, examples include, SMITH OPTICS, CHACO SANDALS,BURTON GLOVES, my point is that hopefully nrs will not fall into this retail trap, and there product in 2010 will be bomber.
northfwestg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010   #7
Golden, CO
Paddling Since: 1856
According to the catalog the Expedition and Otter line are still made of the same material. The boat you mentioned looks like a new, less expensive line of boats, thus the 3 yr waranty.
FrankC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010   #8
Canon City, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I couldn't find the E-Series boats online, but I don't have a 2010 printed catalog. I think I must have thought I was in the "rafts" section, but was looking at the "new for 2010" section.

I've used NRS Expedition rafts commercially for a number of years. I do think they're great boats, but I have noticed what I think is a decrease in quality over the last 10 years or so in the boats. Other NRS products have been hit or miss for me. It seems that as a general rule their equipment/gear has been better than clothing.

Still be interested to try one out, but if I find myself buying a new boat any time soon, it will most likely be an 11' SOTAR SL.

climbdenali is offline   Reply With Quote