Originally Posted by caverdan
I understand that as long as air is moving through your fan.......as in the fan is running like designed.......it will not melt.
But what if it quits?
What if the batteries go dead after you fall asleep.......because you are four days into a trip and you forgot to change the batteries? Me thinks that with no airflow through the pipe......pipe gets hot......plastic melts......That's what me thinks.
Have you tried testing this theory yet? Have you seen if the tube gets hot when the fan is not running?
We need data.....not attitude. This is Mountain Buzz after all. Thick skin goes a long way around here.
8 pieces of AA alkaline battery can drive the fan for 12 hours.
4 pieces of Li-ion battery type 18650 can drive the fan for 24 hours.
10 Watt solar panel weights 500 grams, which can charge 18650.
500 grams are some weight of 8 pieces of chicken egg.
As long as it is sunshine solar panel is good. Cloud and rain are killers.
You do not need to turn on fan 24 hours per day as you shall not stay inside tent all day.
Please check the video. it has been tested. Result is great.
A few of you guys worry about melting of plastic fan.
NO, it will not melt.
Indeed I have been doing BBQ things for 6 years.
Best seller is BBQ temperature controller, which uses same plastic fan.
The fan is placed BESIDE fire box.
In the past 6 years I hear none plastic fan is melt down.
In the tent stove, the fan is placed BENEATH the stove, it is safer than beside