Mountain Buzz banner

More Input Needed On an Odyssey Raft

Tags
rafting
5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  shappattack 
#1 ·
I just found the Buzz last week. What a wealth of info on here!

I'm just about to go into my 4th season of boating and am looking at getting a package deal on an Oddysey 13.5' SB. There really isn't much in the way of opinions here on these rafts and wanted to get some more input if there is indeed any out there. The dealer I'm going with sells the Odyssey rafts and Sotars. If $$ were no object I'd go with the SOTAR but I have a little over $4000 to spend on everything. The package I'm staring at will have the boat, powdercoated frame, 2 dryboxes, cooler & oars.

For the last 3 years I was oaring a 1987 Maravia Esprit. Great starter boat for me and my wife. I just sold it yesterday and am now committed to buying a new boat. From what I understand, the Odyssey's have only been distributed in Montana up until this year. I called around to a few places that sell them in Montana and got nothing but positive reviews with one guy telling me he has owned one for over 10 years. It is a PVC boat with welded seams.

I mainly use the raft in the summer for overnights. If I used it 10 times a year it would be a 'heavy' boating year.

Thoughts or opinions on this would be great.

Thanks and glad to be here!

Jason

See less See more
#2 ·
I had a 10.5' odyssey eclipes. It had glued seams. The seams started to go tits up when the boat was a little over 10 years old. Maybe they weld them now? which would be a great improvement. The boat it self worked fine for a little bucket boat I took on lazy flat low water trips like the John Day and GR. Considering I goat the oars, boat and another frame (which I sold and build another better one for less money). It all worked out good.
Jason
Here is the boat pre-tits up

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.