Old 05-13-2015   #11
Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
Originally Posted by dafewillis View Post
Seantana - don't put your stickers on your frame. We have a bunch of fly fishing and microbrew stickers on our frame and they get stepped on and trashed. Wouldn't put them on if I had it to do over again - dumb idea on my part. Find somewhere outta the way for them.

Sent from my Z970 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
I was more curious about on the raft itself. I know the standard is to either paint or use patch material, but sign vinyl is super cheap and easy to replace.

seantana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015   #12
C. Springs, Colorado
Take a piece of fabric that is a different color than your boat. Stencil on your info then cut out the letters and numbers with a razor knife. Glue it on to your boat and it will not fade away in the sun. Works great and lasts a long time.

caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015   #13
Helena, Montana
Paddling Since: 1995
Originally Posted by laterwagged View Post
I also put my information in the INSIDE of my aire boats. I make a laminated card and put it in between the bladder and the shell. I asked Aire before doing so, they say its no problem. Maybe its overkill, but if my boat gets stolen, its pretty easy to get sharpie/serial number off, but the average thief isn't likely to check inside the shell.

I do something similar with my NRS frames. Laminated card rolled and taped to the inside of one of the pipes.

Only slightly related, but I also keep an organized file of pictures of all my major gear with serial numbers when available.
As ex law-enforcement, this is a VERY good idea. I also keep a database list with images and serials or identifiable marking. Can't tell you how many time I'd show up to a theft report and the victim gave me an inquisitive look when I asked them if they had a serial number... I'm going to borrow this idea and hide contact info inside my frame parts now. Well done.

"Reason is the first victim of strong emotion."
montanan is offline   Reply With Quote