Fresno, California
Paddling Since: 1990
Where is pinned when u need him... he is gay as well

Villainista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015   #22
Up North, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1985
Originally Posted by Villainista View Post
Just going to drop about 6 k on gear but clearly shappe knows what is going on in my head.
Yep just a class 3 hack ( 3+low water)
But I think shapp is a big homo
What? I only made 1 comment, which was if you want to know weight, pricing, and features, its best to call the manufacturers to find this out. Is that not the best place to find this info? Nothing wrong with being a homo, some of those "homos" are the smartest people and best boaters I know.

Asking folks for their actual experience on handling, etc. etc. is a different matter, of which it is probably best to get group opinion and not just listen to the spiel from the maker.

shappattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015   #23
Fresno, California
I am sorry Shapp! those comments were meant for riverbound. i sincerely apologize for my homophobic comments now time to blast riverclown
my bad
Old 10-12-2015   #24
Fresno, California
Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
Dgoods has good input, he can tell you why he likes what he runs. Why it works for him. What he didn't care for on other products.

It's quite clear villainista doesn't really want to buy a frame that works for him or he would be calling manufacturers for this info and hunting down frames to look at or demo lol. It tells you alot about a boater when they pop on a forum and say " ok guys what should I get". If you have been on the water long enough you know what you need, I remember when people used to go find what worked for them and didn't need to ask an internet group. He is just searching for the general populations cool factor to fit in, he forgets the gear is way different out here so he should be asking west coasters if he is in Cali. I use this forum or the internet to find out about products then go do my own research and come to my own conclusion of what will work for me.

Spey I think you may be onto something with that frame bending test!
I got this all wrong. Instead of calling riverclown names I should put his/ hers special talents to work. Doubt u would be much use remodeling a bathroom of wrenching on a 96 F150 but I bet you are great at design. So what colors will make me look slimmer? I have a huge beer gut but I do not wat that to take away form how my new boat looks. What are the hot color designs this yr.? (no pink too Cliché) I know u follow fashion like my pit follows kitty cats so what colors should I get? How about the oars? Do they have to match? Ohh and one more thing, when is the next gay pride parade up there in OR. Let me know so I can bring my slingshot and all my friends from Westboro Baptist Church we love homos.
Old 10-12-2015   #25
Park City, Utah
...anyway back to talking frames.

You should seriously consider the Class V Adventures frame. I have a PRE frame and I have rowed a Class V frame, but not a Madcatr. My PRE frame is sweet, but a little older, so if I blow up an oar stand, then I need some serious work to get a new stand and put the frame back together. The newer Class V and Madcatr designs have a removable bar so replacing the oar stand is much more simple. The seat mount on my PRE frame is not as nice as the Class V. The PRE frame is steel, the Class V is aluminum, I think Madcatr is aluminum as well. My PRE frame is a very good value, the price was right!

The Class V frame has a seat mount that is ultra adjustable, and ready for a tractor seat or a Tempress seat. You can also adjust where the oar stands sit in relation to the rower. Initially, I was not sold on the footbar, but after rowing it, I like it. My step brother ordered a Class V frame and he had it in a few months or quicker, I can't totally remember, but it was not several months to a year. Full disclosure: I know Jesse.

The Madcatr frames look outstanding, but I have not rowed one. It sounds like it takes quite a while to receive a Madcatr frame, but those that wait seem to love 'em.
Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015   #26
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
I don't know if you guys have ever seen outstanding, apparently no
Riverbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015   #27
Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Paddling Since: 2013
Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
I don't know if you guys have ever seen outstanding, apparently no
If you knew of another manufacturer that makes high quality Cataraft frames for demanding class 4 & 5 whitewater, please enlighten us.

I'm just going by my intuition and discerning eye as a tradesman (industrial gas fitter, plumber) who works on lots of industrial boilers and other gas heating equipment, combined with what the people who know their shit who actually run the frames say. When people such as Mr. Cramer, Mr. Day, along with countless others who run difficult rivers who have shared their time and knowledge offering myself and others input to make us better boaters, I know I listen. When you see pictures & video of the guys who make the frames actually running difficult whitewater in these frames (such as Dave Nissen - MadCatr), along with hear stories of their runs, it further provides confidence in what you are buying and own.

The only thing left for you to do is instead of talking further, actually produce a frame that people can get their hands on and try.

Or risk being labelled by our friend Villainista (you suck 1 ....and suddenly you get labelled!! LOL!!!)
SpeyCatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015   #28
Rainy Northwest, Washington
Paddling Since: 1980
It is interesting that the only people who actually get bent out of shape over any of this are associated with a particular company that didn't get enough love on the buzz.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
swiftwater15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015   #29
boizee, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1984
Here's to hoping none of us ever need to get our self sustaining love from the interwebs!
boicatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015   #30
Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Paddling Since: 2013
I'm part of the "Man-Cataraft love association"

SpeyCatr is offline   Reply With Quote