Old 11-12-2015   #31
Helena, Montana
Originally Posted by ob1coby View Post
I hope you don't take this wrong but if you really had a problem with an M&M trailer you should have just stuck to that story. The moment you plug for a different company in the same region it looks suspicious like it may be just a setup from a competitor. I havn't heard good things about M&M but I won't follow it up with a different one that I like. Just a thought. Sorry your having problems.
I see where you're coming from. Maybe two separate posts would have made the difference? The OP asked about trailers and I gave my opinion. I was absolutely dissatisfied with m&m and I would highly recommend sunshine sports. Some of those other trailers mentioned look like great trailers but I'm a montana local, so you are correct, both companies are in my region. I do see how it being my first post would be suspicious though.

Jsully72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015   #32
Post Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
I've tried to talk to the guy about making something like the rapid rig trailer it took a weird turn he got all worked up with out provocation. It was just odd and I didn't feel like I'd be able to design a trailer with him.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015   #33
TV, Idaho
If you like the rapid rig, be sure to check out Sawtooth Welding.

If you like the idea of a low maintenance aluminum trailer, check out C&B.

Both good people that stand behind their products. They also treat you with respect and listen to your ideas and questions.
M3mphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015   #34
billings, Montana
Paddling Since: Tues
Send a message via Yahoo to mttodd
I'll vouch for the Sunshine Sports trailers. They are more money, but I don't know if you can buy a better built one anywhere. Full disclosure, I know Mike. I also pay close attention to detail and build trailers myself in the off months. He sells a top quality trailer.
mttodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015   #35
NOCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 68
One of the most important characteristics on a trailer is the quality of its components. Look at the make of the spindals, bearings and springs. One can purchase quality parts or the cheap ching ching parts, ah-hem ABC trailer. The difference is the time spent on the side of the road. A multi axle trailer may provide some insurance.
garyherballeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015   #36
Escalante, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
My pops bought a 6x10 from M&M earlier this year. At first glance it looks ok but once you look closer the welds are rough. Including the weld on the front third of the trailer that holds the decking down. Which is unfortunately in a prime spot for tearing holes in boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

Cowie is offline   Reply With Quote