Old 06-01-2012   #31
Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I have an older Achilles bucket boat that i'm selling for $800. It's a great boat and has no issues with holding air. Just did a 6 night desolation/ grays trip and never had to put air in it. I've owned it for 4 years and ran it down pretty much every big river in colorado and it handles big water awesome; Shoshone and Pumphouse on the Colorado, Roaring Fork, Blue River, Arkansas, Clear Creek, Animas. Its a great boat if your looking for an entry level boat. It's a 14 ft with no frame but top chafers for a frame.

powrider686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012   #32
Nederland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 06
I would be interested in it. Can you ail me some pics.

Aflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012   #33
portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Bucket boats are fine especially for entry boats. Just be sure the floor material is all solid its usually not worth replacing as its difficult to replace
Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it "guaranteed", I will. I got spare time.
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012   #34
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Get a boat, get a pump, get some glue and patch material and get on the river. There are very few rapids in Colorado that are so long you'll need stop in the middle to top off your leaky ass piece of crap boat that you're having fun on the river with right now.

If you like boating, you'll do what it takes to buy a better boat next year or the year after that. You'll have a lot of fun and learn to patch boats in the meantime.

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012   #35
portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
I remember my friends Udisco bucket boat that he lovingly referred to as "old patch-mo". After our first year rafting together, i explained to him how contact cement is supposed to work and the patching incidents went down about 80%.

Now a bad investment of $75 and about $32 in shore adhesive. We will always remember our first flip experience, on the "wall of death" ...
Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it "guaranteed", I will. I got spare time.
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012   #36
Mesa, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
If any of you guys know of anybody looking for their 1st raft but not wanting to spend a lot of money, I'm having a hard time selling my old Avon. It looks like a piece of crap but the baffles are intact making it a solid 4 chamber boat with military valves that have stood the test of time. Plus it has a good frame and two oars. I figure the raft is worth 300 (16 ft) the frame 250 and the straps and oars 100. That seems like a good deal to me and a cheap way to get on the river, but so far nobody wants this thing. What else can I do? Any body got a friend/relative needs a boat?
snakester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012   #37
Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 1993
I have a Riken for you...

Here is my craigslist ad. I would sell her for 1000.00

Justin 406 543 0988

16' Riken Nez Perce white water Raft

LochsaIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote