Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting > Rafting | Gear Talk

Old 07-27-2016   #1
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Long shot...anyone wanna sell their wide Roll a Cot to me?

So, as is often usual before a trip with last minute shopping, I've decided to buy a roll a cot to use on a Grand Canyon trip that I'm leaving town for on Tuesday next week. I can get the standard width one here in a few places (DRE and AAA both have them) but I was hoping for a wide one. Long shot I know...but anyone in Denver or anywhere from here to Lee's Ferry via Moab have one they wanna sell?

I know there is a want to buy section in the classifieds, but it doesn't get much use and I figured it wouldn't be horrible to do it this way. Feel free to delete this if its not cool.

As long as its not falling apart I'm willing to pay close to retail for it. Post up on here or shoot me a PM if you have one you want to get rid of.

Electric-Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016   #2
glenwierd, Co.
Paddling Since: 05'
Ha, commodities have their price.

Panama Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016   #3
Post Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Ive bought parts directly from Camptime and they always shipped same day, maybe they could overnight it?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Paul7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016   #4
Lakewood, Colorado
They do ship same day (got a voicemail from them) but the lady thought it would be 3-5 business days. I haven't talked to them about overnight shipping, but Cascade Outfitters has the wide one in stock and it would be an extra $50 something bucks to overnight it. At the end of the day I guess that isn't bad, but I figured it was worth throwing out there to see if someone wanted to sell one to me locally. The outlay for a GC trip is pretty big, so I'm just trying not to spend money I don't need to. I realize that I should have jumped on this sooner, but for various reasons I just didn't get around to it.

Its honestly surprising more of the rafting outfitters don't carry the wide version. I would think many medium and large sized people would prefer it.

On the plus side, Cascade sells the wide for the same price DRE is asking for the regular one so I guess I would come out on top on that part of the deal.
Old 07-28-2016   #5
Minturn, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
$50 extra is a small price to pay if it is going to guarantee your comfort on a Grand Canyon trip. If your doing 21 day trip, it boils down to just over $2 a night extra for the expedited shipping. Or buy 2 less cases of beer. What are you waiting for?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Sherpa9543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016   #6
Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1978
Bought my wide from these guys. They had a green color which I had never seen before. They have lots of wide on hand for building river shelter systems they sell.
Roll-A-Cot By Camptime – Pacific River Outfitters
MillerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016   #7
Denver-ish, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
You should check Jax. The new store on 120th & sheridan had a ton of different cots

“HOLD THE DOOR!” — Hodor
yesimapirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016   #8
Lakewood, Colorado
Sounds like a fellow MountainBuzz member is coming through for me. He has a new one and I'm essentially just gonna order another new one and have it sent to his house and he'll give me his. He likes the look of the green one from Pacific, so thanks for the heads up on that one.

Jax doesn't have it on their website but it might be worth cruising up there to check out if this deal doesn't work out.