Old 06-17-2013   #41
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I got mine from NRS and have yet to fill it up... They just gave me a refund (online credit) for the 10lb one I purchased last summer. I do think that they gave me the refund because I HAVE NOT FILLED IT YET and is still in brand new condition. Big props to NRS for sorting it for me couldn't have been happier!

mcfarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013   #42
salmon, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2004
Amazon ended up giving me a full refund..... so I went ahead and gave that money right back to them and got the ragasco... shipping said 4 to 14 days... hope its closer to 4 because I launch on the main in 14 working days...

codycleve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #43
Denver, Colorado
Follow up to earlier. gave me refund minus shipping to return it.
skipowpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #44
Albany, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
wish I had purchased through NRS instead of uhaul. Saved $20 whippie!!
U-Haul is offering to replace my 10lb Lite with a 20lb steel tank for which I have absolutely no use.

Oh well, Ragasco on order...
malloypc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013   #45
Denver, Colorado
I'll give some more love. Even though I already returned it, they contacted me today letting me know I (and all of their customers) would get a full refund. They probably did a bit of research after they received mine.

Hello Skipowpow,
We’ve recently been made aware of a very important recall notice on a product you purchased from Backcountry: the Lite Cylinder Propane Tank.
The following is taken directly from the US Department of Transportation’s recall notice:
The Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration has issued an emergency order mandating a recall of cylinders manufactured by The Lite Cylinder Company, Inc. (Lite Cylinder). PHMSA also terminated the company's authority to re-qualify and manufacture DOT cylinders.
The emergency order was issued after a PHMSA investigation of Lite Cylinder of Franklin, Tennessee, revealed unsafe conditions and practices. The emergency order mandated more than 55,000 two-piece fully wrapped fiber composite cylinders be removed from service. These composite cylinders are commonly used as portable fuel tanks for liquefied petroleum gas (LPG).
In accordance with the emergency order, Lite Cylinder must immediately contact all cylinder owners and provide instructions about how to safely discharge, purge and remove the valve from the cylinder and how to safely return those cylinders to Lite Cylinder.
Cylinders manufactured by Lite Cylinder with any of the following markings are subject to this recall:
• DOT-SP 14562
• DOT-SP-13957
• DOT-SP 13105 (Only if manufactured by The Lite Cylinder Company. Cylinders manufactured by Composite Scandinavia [M0408] and marked with this number are not subject to the recall)
• Any cylinder requalified under requalification approval H706
• Any cylinder manufactured under M5729

Emergency orders are issued when PHMSA determines that the continued use of such an item would constitute an imminent hazard. Removal and recall of these composite cylinders is a serious safety matter that should be promptly addressed by cylinder owners, gas fillers, shippers and carriers of hazardous materials.
PHMSA's Hazardous Materials Information Center stands ready to assist anyone who has questions. The Info Center can be reached toll free at 800-467-4922.
More information can be found here:
PHMSA Orders Recall of Cylinders Manufactured by The Lite Cylinder Company
Lite Cylinder Final Recall Notice
Additional Guidance for PHMSA's Emergency Recall Order
This is a serious matter, and we highly recommend that you stop using this product immediately and contact Backcountry at 800-409-4502 for disposal instructions and a refund.
We suggest that you have these items emptied by a trained professional before disposing of them. Anyone qualified to fill the tank should be able to empty it and remove the valve. You may then proceed to dispose of the tank.
We’re happy to issue you a full refund for the tank; simply contact us and let us know you’ll be able to dispose of the tank properly. We will not be asking customers to send these products back to us.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at 800-409-4502
For your records, your order number is 12345678.
— Backcountry

skipowpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013   #46
portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
I'm gonna try returning mine to Nordstroms
Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it "guaranteed", I will. I got spare time.
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013   #47
Steamboat Springs, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
think skeeter will give me a refund?
earnyourturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013   #48
Working to much
Vancouver, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Mine is on its 4th refill. I love the damn thing. Never going to get mine from me!

Hell if anyone has a smaller sized one i'll buy it off of you! I need the small size for short trips.
liftedlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #49
The Russian
SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
FYI, just got a letter from Casscades Outfitters (where I got my tank from) they are giving full refund of in store credit! I am stoked!
-ALEX [ youtube ][ my boat ][ ]
kazak4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #50
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
I'm really torn. I don't want to ask Down River Equipment, a small business, to cover my tank, but I have spend thousands of dollars there and they did sell me an inferior product made by an inferior company. Any thoughts fellow 'buzzards? Anyone else purchase their Lite Cylinder from DRE?

Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote