Mountain Buzz banner

Lafuma Chairs

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  cataraftgirl 
#1 ·
I see the local REI has those old style lafumas that were discontinued years back. The new ones have the same frame but with a mesh fabric instead of the flowery fabric. Could be the newest best river chair ever if they are as strong as the earlier models. There have been some serious naps taken in these chairs thru out the years.

#2 ·
I have two Lafuma river chairs - the Champs Elips for general sitting/eating/card playing, and the Lafuma Lounger for power napping. The chair is super light weight, and a perfect height for comfortable sitting. It does have a three position recline which is fairly good for relaxing. For my Middle Fork late season fly-in trips I just take this chair. For the Main Salmon I bring both. The power lounger is the best napping chair I have ever had, and worth every extra ounce to haul it down the river. I have noticed over the years, that the folks who give us the most crap for carrying the lounger down the river, are the ones whose butts we have to kick out of those chairs by day two on the river. Then most of them show up with their own lounger the next summer. Both of my Lafuma chairs are super sturdy and stand up well to river miles. The lounger is a little lighter than my old Travel Chair version, and the Champs Elips is insanely light. I tried a cheaper Cabela's version of the lounger and didn't like it as well....doesn't elevate the feet enough for the perfect napping position.
KJ

#5 ·
The Lafuma chairs are carried by REI, and another local outdoor store here in SLC. REI.com has the lounger and the Low Elips chair, which is just like my Champ Elips....just a lower height version. The Low Elips weighs 6 lb. and I'll bet mine is 6.5-7, super light. Lafuma makes awesome chairs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.