if Parnter Steel made a DO the size of the Rome Super Cooker would you buy it? - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting > Rafting | Gear Talk

View Poll Results: would you buy a partner steel DO the same dimension as the old Rome Combo Cooker?
hell yes, 31 75.61%
no 2 4.88%
who cares 8 19.51%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2016   #11

Jenks, Oklahoma
Due to this thread, I emailed Bill at Partner Steel and ordered the lasagna pan as discussed in this thread.

The pan came in today 25 august 2016.

Like all PS gear the pan is a work of art.

My plan is to use it more or less as a griddle with sides to keep home fries inside when cooking for a large group.

I told Bill in a email I would buy for sure a lid for the lasagna pan if I could put charcoal briquettes on the lid and use the setup as a dutch oven.

I hope you gents keep after Bill until he makes some lasagna pan lids even if special order.

dave

okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016   #12

Nampa, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2014
He needs to re design the lasagna pan so that the existing griddles will work as a lid.
Dr.AndyDVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016   #13

Nampa, Idaho
Does he do custom work?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Old 08-30-2016   #14

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
I've had two of his lasagna pans for three years. Still good as new and they've replaced just about all other cookware in my "kitchen" other than my DO's, using them for essentially every dinner or breakfast meal. I no longer carry a skillet and only rarely a sauce pan. They were designed to be similar to the old Lodge fish pans. Mine came with slightly sloped sides which initially I didn't like, but now very much appreciate as they nest together very well, taking only the space of one in the kitchen box. Each exactly covers two burners on the full size PS stoves. Like all their anodized aluminum, they clean fairly easily. Satisfied customer.

Jon
duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016   #15

Nampa, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by duct tape View Post
I've had two of his lasagna pans for three years. Still good as new and they've replaced just about all other cookware in my "kitchen" other than my DO's, using them for essentially every dinner or breakfast meal. I no longer carry a skillet and only rarely a sauce pan. They were designed to be similar to the old Lodge fish pans. Mine came with slightly sloped sides which initially I didn't like, but now very much appreciate as they nest together very well, taking only the space of one in the kitchen box. Each exactly covers two burners on the full size PS stoves. Like all their anodized aluminum, they clean fairly easily. Satisfied customer.

Jon
How do they do with pancakes?
Old 08-31-2016   #16

Livingston, Montana
Paddling Since: 1974
Could we see a picture of the pan?
mtgreenheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #17

Jenks, Oklahoma
Thanks duct tape, you verified what I hope to do with my new pan.

I hope a lot of us Partner Steel customers write Bill and ask for a lid. I would gladly pay for a custom lid to prove the point.

With a lid, that would mean less DO's for me to carry.
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #18

Bazzaro, World
Paddling Since: 2020
I voted no but only because I really don't like cooking on aluminum. I'm kinda old school and prefer using iron.
Old 08-31-2016   #19

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 2009
Partner Steel built a custom kitchen box for me.
Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #20

Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
I haven't been up close and personal to any partner cookware, but it looks like welded plate material that has then been annodized... Maybe it has a textured finish kind of like cast or maybe it's smooth...???

Either way, if we (you) can't talk him into making one to your liking, why not go elsewhere? I mean, I'm sure James would be happy to tig weld up some shit and get it to you all next year sometime... or you could have a reliable local welder piece some stuff together to your liking and have it anodized. I believe you can get an egg shell like finish with acid or bead blasting?? maybe? but my anodized AL cookware at home (just went to the dark side after 20 years of dedicated cast iron use) is pretty damn smooth.

My point is the folks at Partner are not the only folks to magically join metal and then oxidize it's outer layers. Maybe we (that is the you, as in someone else, of we) should think of looking elsewhere? Si? No?