home made rescue ladder - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-10-2013   #11

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgAHOLE View Post
You could just save yourself the time and energy and learn how to pull your ass back into the boat....
Jeez, what's with the snarky comment? Here's someone offering an idea to help other rafters. Something that despite your attitude clearly has been proven to have a need among many boaters.

Same guy who offline generously offered to help me build a toilet seat bracket for my boxes. I like his attitude a lot better than yours.

duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2013   #12

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgAHOLE View Post
You could just save yourself the time and energy and learn how to pull your ass back into the boat....
Glad you never had to swim in cold class IV water to get to your boat. After about a minute it's practically impossible
Old 12-11-2013   #13

bowling

Try Bowling....., what a great suggestion, good thing there's a bowling alley in my shop. I'll give it a try.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP3013.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	7450  
mrkyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2013   #14

Western Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Best come back line of the year! Love the pic, you are the man! I don't understand how you can bowl given that you are not fat. By the way, I want to come work in your shop. Wait, I want to come drink beer and bowl in your shop and tell my wife that I am working.

Thanks for the plans for the ladder. Will save my back trying to pull my kids in after they jump in for a swim. I guess rgAHOLE forgot that rafting can be a family affair and not all of us are muscle bound.
fourtyfloater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #15

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtyfloater View Post
Best come back line of the year! Love the pic, you are the man! I don't understand how you can bowl given that you are not fat. By the way, I want to come work in your shop. Wait, I want to come drink beer and bowl in your shop and tell my wife that I am working.

Thanks for the plans for the ladder. Will save my back trying to pull my kids in after they jump in for a swim. I guess rgAHOLE forgot that rafting can be a family affair and not all of us are muscle bound.
185 lbs sounds morbidly obese
Old 12-13-2013   #16

I'm trying to diet but keep getting sucked in to bowling and eating with my fat friends.
mrkyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #17

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
So if your boat is upside down in a rapid, and the water is cold, and you are a skinny/buff person with no body fat for insulation, wouldn't you want a ladder to help you get back in your boat quickly???? Although, us lard ass folks with lots more insulation want back in just as fast. I mean, really, the faster we get back in and get the boat flipped over, the faster we can make sure out twinkie stash is safe in the dry boxes. Just kidding! Nice work on the ladder mrkayak. What ever makes the river a little safer is a good thing.
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #18

C. Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
So if your boat is upside down in a rapid, and the water is cold, and you are a skinny/buff person with no body fat for insulation, wouldn't you want a ladder to help you get back in your boat quickly???? Although, us lard ass folks with lots more insulation want back in just as fast. I mean, really, the faster we get back in and get the boat flipped over, the faster we can make sure out twinkie stash is safe in the dry boxes. Just kidding! Nice work on the ladder mrkayak. What ever makes the river a little safer is a good thing.
It would probably take a skinny/buff person longer to find the ladder that it would to just climb up on the boat. Adrenalin goes a long way in skinny/buff people. That's what gets you them back in the boat when they don't have the fat to slow them down.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #19

Louisville, Colorado
Thanks for sharing the ladder construction, I have been considering doing something similar. I really like the no slip grip you put on the rungs. I am in the process of purchasing an expedition cataraft, which means big tubes. Because the tubes will have a 27.5 inch diameter the reach for any good hand holds will be substantial, making a ladder or two an important piece of equipment.
catwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #20

C. Springs, Colorado
Hey Catwoman.......I was in the canyon the other day, walking past this Breezy cave....and I heard it call your name.....no joke!!! I heard it plain as day. I started talking to it and it mentioned it needed a bridge inspection.....do you know any inspectors that want to crawl around.....in the ground....and do some inspecting?
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote