Old 06-10-2016   #31
Fort Collins, Colorado

Funny how Troutdrifter knows the same story I got told... Hmmm, James? You lurking around in here? Oh, another pathetic thing about this guy, he offered Veterans a 5% discount on Veterans Day for orders in progress or new orders (since taken off his Rivertech FB page) but still on my invoice Said my rubber was still awaiting shipment from Maravia in January but the PRO FB page in April showed some dog in the same boat I ordered that was "under construction".

usmc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016   #32
Hood River, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2012
USMC95. Thank you for your service. Its pathetic that a scumbag like James would steal anyone's hard earned money. Especially a Veteran, on Veterans Day. I don't think you can get much lower than that.

High-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016   #33
Post Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
James has an excuse for all these issues they are either somehow the customers fault or the vendor such as Maravia. Funny though these issues don't seem to follow other raft companies. And I've never heard of anyone having issues with boats not showing up or defective from Maravia.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Paul7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016   #34
Fort Fun, Colorado
Paddling Since: 94
What is so sad is this has been going on for a full decade. The whack-a-mole nameless one just pops up with a new company every few years. Always the same M.O. - I'm behind because I have so many orders, various suppliers fault, you don't know what you're talking about, etc., etc... I never knew Maravia had so many quality control issues...

One of the sad things is his designs look well thought out & clean and welds look fantastic. If he spent 1/4 of his time on his business and work as he does trolling the various forums and I'm sure he wouldn't have to re-invent his business after a couple of years.
trevko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016   #35
Fort Collins, Colorado
Pacific River Outfitters / Rivertech

Complaint filed through the BBB as well as the Oregon DOJ. Just awaiting response. I did get another e-mail from James stating he was working on it as fast as he could and would be in touch after the weekend...... crickets. Phone (cell phone) goes directly to voicemail.
Old 06-14-2016   #36
Rivertown, West Virginia
Paddling Since: 9:45
Originally Posted by troutdrifter56 View Post
I puchased one also, I still don't have my boat. I waited on about 4 months before Maravia shipped them my raft. When it arrived the raft had a bunch of blems and little pin holes and the floor wasn't holding air, no fault of Rivertechs so I asked for my money back until they got a new boat. Around 20 days later I got a check in the mail and was waiting on Maravia to once again ship a raft. Months go by again new raft shows up. It has a rough texture on the top that wasn't like the boat I ordered. Rivertech told me their boats aren't supposed to have that and Maravia messed up again. By the way second boat floor still wasn't holding air. I am kind of frustrated at this point but don't really know who to be mad at,now Maravia quit building the rafts for them rumor has because streamtech was having a fit over the competition. I am thinking about getting the raft elsewhere now and have Rivertech do the frame but Maravia promised them they will replace my boat, just don't know when. They won't start building boats until they are paid for and they keep showing up wrong. Maybe third times a charm. Anyone who questions this feel free to call Maravia and verify my story. Hope you get it all figured out.
I bet the pin holes in the floor are from James tacking a frame together inside the raft
I am an American Whitewater member. One of 6300. There are an estimated 100000 paddlers in the U S. If you are not a member you should join. AW is fighting for our rivers everyday and could use some help.
curtis catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016   #37
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Originally Posted by curtis catman View Post
I bet the pin holes in the floor are from James tacking a frame together inside the raft
Thats what I thought too....welding splatter.
Electric-Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016   #38
Fort Collins, Colorado
James, James, James

Last e-mail I got from him states that since "someone" filed complaints through State and other agencies, my order is on hold, LOL. Because now he has to tend to those needs and doesn't want to interrupt the orders of those who have not filed complaints. Again guys, go to a legitimate dealer who can have your "custom" raft in weeks with no hassles and are willingly wanting to keep you informed on your order and do business with you. I am not promoting, but if you want to know some awesome companies here in Colorado (I wish I knew at the time), send me a PM. Yes, the SAGA never dies with this guy.
Old 06-16-2016   #39
SeaTown, NW
No just no. Stay far away
nastysauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016   #40
Plunk your magic twanger!
New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Originally Posted by nastysauce View Post
No just no. Stay far away

Sent from this thingy using Mountain Buzz