Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2015   #11
FrontierPlay secure check out.

Come to find out our secure check out was not working.
We recently upgraded our website for mobile viewing and the security feature was missed or dropped.
Thank you for asking. We should be secure in the next 24 hours.

Old 11-24-2015   #12
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2015
That's awesome you guys replayed to that. Thanks so much. I'll be ordering soon. @frontierplay

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

Old 11-25-2015   #13
Evereywhere, State of Bliss
Paddling Since: 2000
I own three dry boxes from them. Very happy with them as they have been through plenty in the two boating seasons I've owned them. Especially impressed with how the bigger one has stood up to being stood on or sat on and not lost its shape at all. One personal box is a splash box now though. I use it for my bar. It stays mostly dry. I'm surprised it stayed mostly intact after taking the hit into house rock. No broken wields it just doesn't fit snug anymore. My bad. I have had no problems with the latches. I have had a problem with the lid leashes or whatever you call them. An easy fix though with a screwdriver and some cordelette. The price was right.
Old 11-25-2015   #14
Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Originally Posted by Randaddy View Post
Yep, they're legit. I have bought boxes from them and experienced prompt shipping and no problems.
As much as you oppose putting motors on rafts I am surprised you are cool with cargo ships from China full of rafting gear. Do me and the rest of the world a favor and buy a box built in USA.
Old 11-25-2015   #15
Coastal, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1987
Originally Posted by swimteam101 View Post
As much as you oppose putting motors on rafts I am surprised you are cool with cargo ships from China full of rafting gear. Do me and the rest of the world a favor and buy a box built in USA.
^^ Excellent Idea +1
We need to really quit folding our morals and skills to China to make a quick buck and teach these kids how to make something so they can do more than play IPhone games, serve espresso and live at mom and dads
Old 11-25-2015   #16
Jenks, Oklahoma
Something to think about the times we now live in.

Every thing comes down to money, if in doubt follow the old time rule of thumb 'follow the money' to find out why.

Possibly not that money is the goal, but the things money buys for us these days is the incentive.

moving on after the money thing, we get into secondary issues as to why.
Old 11-27-2015   #17
Moab, Utah
Paddling Since: 1979
Have dealt with these folks for years and they are great. Bought a dry box, latches went bad and they immediately replaced both at no cost. Agree they could be beefier, but still not a major deal. Very trustworthy!!
Old 11-30-2015   #18
Castle Rock, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
It's been a couple of years, but I bought my NRS frame and cataract oars, blades, bunchastuff from them. No problems with anything.
Old 11-30-2015   #19
pocatello, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
I'll follow off topic.

Some have proposed that the cost of most items is generally related to the cost of energy to produce them + profits. Cheaper products are usually more efficiently made. Shipping products these days is INCREDIBLY cheap. It is a small fraction of the overall cost of a product and a small fraction of their environmental footprint. Aluminum is abundant but energetically expensive to refine. If there is any logic in the world then dryboxes would be made in a place where the energy needed is minimized and cheap.

There is at least a chance that less expensive products are not worse for the world than more expensive ones.

This isn't to argue that you shouldn't buy USA to support our economy. It just depends on what you are trying to support.

Of course this ignores that the way energy is produced varies wildly environmentally...
Old 11-30-2015   #20
Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1990
Buy USA!

Closed Thread