Groovers Again - How to empty the bucket? - Page 4 - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-14-2016   #31

I have a buddy who uses the bucket and sawdust system and takes the bucket to a job site porta potty and dumps it in there

mkashzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2016   #32

Truckee, California
Paddling Since: 2000
Thanks Doc.

I've never seen a Riverbank in person. 370$ though. It should clean itself out- right?

The critical thing with groovers is that they need to be easy to use and functional enough to make people want to use them. Having the system of use and cleanout dialed so that it isn't a burden protects the resource for all of us to use. This is "forced" through regulation, but it should be standard procedure because it is the best way to go.

I'm not fecalphobic, and I am trying to find the best system to help make it easy for my groups to take care of business.

Daryl
Daryl T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016   #33

Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Daryl,

We use the gamma bucket concept. I screwed a seat onto bucket top and cut out the middle. Straight drop to the pile - we usually replace seat after each individual use to keep bugs and such to a minimum. A quick twist off of the solid lid, a spin on the seat and you're in business.

We usually dump ours at home - we have easy access to the septic tank. Put a little water in at the ramp and it's a nice soup that just pours right in. Rinse the bucket a few times, then spray with bleach and leave out of reach in the sun for a few days and it's good as new.

I'm sure they can fail, but we treat ours like it's full of shit - haven't had an issue yet.
Old 08-18-2016   #34
J

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to J
Ecosafe has a new seat design that does away with the smear issue, FYI.

I can't believe I just read all this shit.
J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016   #35

On The River, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
like the Indian Creek guard station. Those bathrooms are so sweet smelling I would sleep in them.....
HAha, I have slept in them! Not bad for a forrest circus toilet.
DoubleShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016   #36

Nampa, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2014
I guess I'm just looking to hear I didn't screw up and make a bad decision. I just bought the riverbank a couple months ago. I have never used it. The company that makes them is a located here in Boise.

I was thinking about getting the Johny partner but I didn't want to have to mess around with an extra rocket box just for the lid. And I never considered the Eco-safe. I liked the big hole on the Riverbank and how solid the base is and not having to worry about aiming for a 3 inch opening or smears down a ramp. I should get a chance to use it next month. Hopefully it's the shit!
Dr.AndyDVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016   #37
Top Quality River Gear

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1960
Bwahahahaha Andy you totally crack me up! You are going to love your Riverbank even though this princess loves the Johnny the Riverbanks are awesome. You will have to share your thoughts when you finally get to take it out, find the most beautifully view from it, and be king of the throne. Have a great evening ~ Renee
Cascade River Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016   #38
Top Quality River Gear

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1960
Or beautiful view....
Cascade River Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016   #39

Fort Collins
Well, I went to Lowes last weekend, in search of inspiration, and I think I made a good find, or at least we shall see over Labor Day. Anyway, when I saw the traffic cones, the light bulb went off, and I knew I had a great funnel. The narrow end should fit nicely down the hole, and hold the trap open for me. I did cut an inch or so off to remove the narrowing lip on it, and make the pinch point wider, while still fitting in a 3" tube. I'll have a PCV ram rod with me just in case. The wide end has a 7.5" opening, with a lip that makes it a full 10" target. I should be able to hit that much easier than the little drain hole at the bottom of the dump pad. The cone did have some nubs that looked like crap catchers, so I cut those off and smoothed them out. I think it should work quite nicely for anyone that is trying to pour a bucket/ammo can style groover down the RV dump station hole.

Shop Corsan 18-in Plumbers Safety Cone at Lowes.com
Old 08-18-2016   #40

Nampa, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by co_bjread View Post
I have a ... ram rod with me just in case. [/url]

I applaud the creative thinking, but I hope that's a phrase I never have to hear unless I'm loading a cannon.
Dr.AndyDVM is offline   Reply With Quote