Great Deals Out There - Page 39 - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-29-2016   #381

prescott, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2001
Great deal

AIRE COUGAR CATARAFT & ALL GEAR TO RUN IT
Seems like a smoking deal for a fully rigged raft.

Prescott Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016   #382

Holy Shit! that is a freakin' Great deal.... That is an awesome boat and it's river ready. I can even overlook the pins and clips for that price! If I was't 2400 miles away, I would hop on that.
BoscoBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016   #383

lafayette, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
I hope he is selling it to buy a smaller/lighter boat, he is way too young to quit rowing.
Selling for a bargain price and if I was not 69 pushing 70 with 4 boats already I would call him and own 5.
Old 09-30-2016   #384

Apache Junction, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2008
That boat does look pretty amazing for that price! That would be a great boat for doing the Grand Canyon, I dont have plans to do it soon but I would pick it up now if it was closer just for the day when I finally do get to run it.
Jdsampsonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016   #385

Basalt, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
16' Williwaw

Here is another deal, if you live in New York.

Maravia Williwaw I 16' Whitewater Raft | eBay
Hanspeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016   #386

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoscoBoater View Post
Holy Shit! that is a freakin' Great deal.... That is an awesome boat and it's river ready. I can even overlook the pins and clips for that price! If I was't 2400 miles away, I would hop on that.
I'm a little surprised at the excitement over this boat. They're not that popular due to the lack of versatility anyway, but at that age and the bottom damage I would say it is an OK deal for someone looking for that exact boat (which is going to be difficult to find)
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1coby View Post
I'm a little surprised at the excitement over this boat. They're not that popular due to the lack of versatility anyway, but at that age and the bottom damage I would say it is an OK deal for someone looking for that exact boat (which is going to be difficult to find)
Well, I guess I'm one of those people that is difficult to find. I have one of these already, and I find it to be quite versatile. With the extra camping frame, I can load that thing up with about 1200 pounds of gear and float on the lowest of water on the Hudson, or I can strip it down to a single seater to use as a big water play boat in the spring run off on the Moose River.

Unlike some of the deals that I see on boats, this one comes with literally everything that you need to get on the water. It seems like a lot of the other boats I see would need quite a few pieces of gear to complete the full set up you would need to go down the river.

As far as the damage goes, that's not very severe for an aire. PVC will take a patch just fine if it's applied properly. You can still get spare inner liners from aire without a problem. That wouldn't stop me from buying it. Heck, even the pins and clips wouldn't dissuade me.

Seriously, if that boat was available within a couple hundred miles of me I would've already bought it. It might not be everybody's cup of tea, but I sure like it.

BoscoBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016   #388

lafayette, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
I rafted with one this spring on Green, Deso/gray, I was impressed
Old 10-01-2016   #389

Denver, Colorado
Would that qualify as an unusual rowing position?
markhusbands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016   #390

Centennial, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
This appears to be a great deal!

Need a few more details on this but if anyone is looking for a hyside cataraft, you take the cataraft and I'd take the raft and we could split cost or work something out. Would also have to work out a shipping plan.

Whitewater Rafts
pete_stephenson1 is offline   Reply With Quote