Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting > Rafting | Gear Talk

Old 06-25-2014   #11
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1980
That is a better asked question. The company we are currently working with is Canyon REO. A few friends who will also be on that trip just used them and thought it went great.

Sembob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014   #12
pocatello, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
An unsolicited gripe about REO. They outfitted us too to bottom in May. The rubber was all solid. The straps were awful. The ammo cans leaked.

The food was dismal. The quality was good but the quantities were awful. The tiny portions left us all Losing 7-10 lbs. One breakfast was 4oz yogurt, 1 nutrigrain bar and half an apple. Roughly 280 calories.
Typical lunch was 4 slices bread, 2oz meat, tomatoes, lettuce, and a can of Pringles split 16 ways.
We literally begged food off of other parties.

We leapfrogged a party of 5 outfitted by REO who had the exact quantities we had. Night 2 tilapia. Us: 16 3 oz portions them: 15 3oz portions.

Gripe off.

Again, good rubber!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

fiya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014   #13
San Jose, CA, California
Paddling Since: 1998
Lets keeps this honest and positive

I should add another disclaimer and request for this form. Honesty and positivity.

I do not want this to be a space to drag the various grand canyon private trip river outfitters names trough the gutter. It is unfair to them.

My original intent was to get the communities perspective on a raft seam failures incident. And that was more than accomplished.

Intent number two was to create a space for honest and positive based recommendations to outfitters based on more positive trip experiences. I DO NOT want to feel responsible for starting a wild fire for flaming outfitting companies based on negative experiences. If that is your goal please create another thread and let this one die smiling.
buckmanriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014   #14
Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 2009
Sure looks like a seam separation to me.

catflipper is offline   Reply With Quote