Gear ties - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-08-2016   #1

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Gear ties

I use these to tie most anything in a raft, camping. They come in very handy.
I got mine at Home Depot. They come in different lengths, colors and without the loop at the end

https://www.niteize.com/product/Gear...oopables-6.asp

Losthwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2016   #2

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Losthwy,

Welcome to MountainBuzz!

I'd be interested in seeing how well those would do in the event of a flip and chundering. We typically use camstraps that are rated to about 1000 lbs, some maybe more. And sometimes these break too due to the stresses of being hammered in the water. The rafter's motto is "rig to flip, dress to swim" and I don't quite see those loopables as really measuring up if something real happens on the river. There are bound to be lots of good uses for them around camp, but I'm not sure I'd trust them on the river for anything important.

You can get camstraps from most of MB's sponsors that sell accessories (see list here), there are plenty of options and they all sell whitewater quality gear. In addition to all the great folks that sponsor the Buzz, locally for you there's a raft shop called DownRiver Equipment down in Wheat Ridge just off I-70 where you could spend some time and they could tell & show you lots of things to help you get started. You really should go in there, or any whitewater shop, and check things out.

Have fun learning about all this stuff!

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016   #3

Post Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
I use them on my boat for small items such as a hat to squirt gun. More so on family floats for goofy kid stuff. They are also useful to tie off long strap ends when trailering.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016   #4

Niwot, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Yep - +1 on what Andy said. Looks like a good option for non-critical things.
Old 08-08-2016   #5

Niwot, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I forgot to mention - another reason to use these - they are a local company - literally less than a mile away. The company is a good one - Rick Case is a good guy and very supportive of the community.