Mountain Buzz banner

Frame v. Rocker

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Avatard 
#1 ·
So, I've been researching frames and can't find ideas or advice on working with continuous rocker? I have a 15' Wing raft with top/bottom rockered diminishing tubes. The center section is "flat" for a total of 52" before the tubes start traveling up in successive sections. I'm worried a 3/4 bay flat frame's entire weight pushing down on the rockered section(s), not evenly distributing weight. I'm thinking of a 2 bay that would fit within the 52" and then add a trailer frame(s)? There are obvious flaws with this idea. DRE has a nifty way of using fittings to clamp the trailer to the main frame. A custom rocker shaped welded frame seems a bit out of my reach. Thoughts? Has anyone built something that fits big silly rocker?

#2 ·
Nrs will bend their pipe. Go with those double rail cnc frames on your four corners of the main section. Then use the nrs pipe on the outside to match your rocker with two slight bends. Yeah I know it will weigh a ton but ....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.