Frame ideas for RMR storm - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-25-2016   #1

Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2014
Frame ideas for RMR storm

Just wanted to know what people have for a frame set up on their RMR storms. Mostly interested in a fly fishing set up, thinking a NRS longhorn would be my best set up with a cooler up front as a seat and a standing platform with a thigh bar. Any feedback or pictures would be appreciated. Looking for something that is versatile and on the cheaper side.

Cheers,

802flyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2016   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Go simple for little boats

I've had a bunch of little boats all the Hyside minis, and the trib 9.5, and I set the first up with a fishing frame and decided it was too much to assemble every time. (I also have A fishing rig on a trailer). Little boats work best as a light boat with minimal frame. Both for setup time and for weight. My mini max rowed like crap with a fishing frame in it. The front fishermans feet would be even with the water on the platform. The weight of the fisherman was all the way forward on such a short boat that it rode nose down. I would go with a simple two bay with a deck in front. Great to cast from. And much easier. That's what I have on my Hyside 12 that replaced all the minis.
Whoapiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016   #3

irvine, California
Paddling Since: 1987
Frame ideas for RMR storm

Sorry, posted to the wrong thread, so I deleted
wildh2onriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2016   #4

Silverthorne, Colorado
It seems most people aren't fond of the NRS frames but it seems like a NRS long horn frame, platform and a thigh bar would be a lot cheaper then theses two Person fishing frames that I'm seeing for 1,500.
Old 03-27-2016   #5

East MT, WestMT, Both sides of the Yellowstone
Paddling Since: 09
I like mine. I find myself in my storm more often than not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	915
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	11199  
spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016   #6

Silverthorne, Colorado
Nice set up spider. What brand is that frame? I find that half of the time I'll be using my raft to shuttle throu out the river so I can fish the Riffiles and such. I'll be using it in Oregon extensively, and fishing from the boat in particular rivers are prohibited. I think I'm just going to use the cooler as a front seat. Waiting to hear back before I put down my deposit.
Old 03-28-2016   #7

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 802flyfish View Post
Nice set up spider. What brand is that frame? I find that half of the time I'll be using my raft to shuttle throu out the river so I can fish the Riffiles and such. I'll be using it in Oregon extensively, and fishing from the boat in particular rivers are prohibited. I think I'm just going to use the cooler as a front seat. Waiting to hear back before I put down my deposit.
Hmm. You'll be using yours extensively in Oregon and you think most people aren't fond of NRS frames?
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016   #8

SeaTown, NW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1coby View Post
Hmm. You'll be using yours extensively in Oregon and you think most people aren't fond of NRS frames?
lol Nice catch
nastysauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016   #9
Sponsoring Vendors

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
Hello,

DownRiver is currently in the process of building us a Chama 2 bay fishing frame for the RMR Storms that we sell. It will have a casting deck along with a front thigh braces and stripping basket. Sorry, I don't have a picture of the full set up and will not until it is delivered around May 2nd.

I'm willing to talk with you about a good set up for that boat.

Troy 970-259-8313
Southwest Raft and Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016   #10

Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
802 isn't one of those guys - he's just new enough to the buzz that his impressions have been tainted by the SW Oregon Frame Nazi's. Give him time, he'll figure out that NRS frames outnumber all others 10:1, even in Oregon.

With that said 802, you should PM spider and get the details on his frame. It's super nice, I've seen it up close.