Frame ideas for RMR storm - Page 5 - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-29-2016   #41

Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2014
Is that a stripped down version of the Blue Olive Wing frame? What did you pay if you don't me asking. I sent them an email awhile ago but haven't heard back a quote.

802flyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2016   #42

McMinnville, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1996
It's a Mini Frame from River Boat Works, but I wanted an anchor system so i asked them to add the anchor system from their Blue Wing Olive fishing frame. I didn't want to spend the $$ for the lean bar and standing platform on the Blue Wing Olive frame since I fish solo 95% of the time. I went with this setup so I could occasional do day trips with the lady (cooler front seat) or light overnighters with a passenger, but will mostly do solo day trips or solo 3-4 night multi-day trips. I think it will work great for me, just need to find the time to get out and use it.
gjoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016   #43

McMinnville, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 802flyfish View Post
Is that a stripped down version of the Blue Olive Wing frame? What did you pay if you don't me asking. I sent them an email awhile ago but haven't heard back a quote.
Yes. I think I was keying a response and missed this post. I sent you a PM about pricing (to the best of my memory).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2016   #44

Silverthorne, Colorado
I'm 100% in the same boat as you. The base price of the BWO frame is 1,600 bucks. Looks like a floor plate and lean bar cost around 800, hopefully this will get the price down. What are you using for a cooler? I'm just gonna use it as a seat.
Old 03-29-2016   #45

McMinnville, Oregon
I'm using a Grizzly 40 in the front bay as a cooler/seat. It fits great and doesn't seem like the front passenger would ride too high. I've been bringing it on day trips (overkill for the couple beverages and lunch) just to add a little weight to the front.
Old 03-29-2016   #46

Silverthorne, Colorado
Thanks for the info Joll. I'm going to go with a stripped down version of the Blue Wing Olive . It looks like the BWO currently comes with the anchor system which is important to me. I figured I can always add parts later on, especially when sales take place in the fall and winter. I'm hoping to pick up a RTIC 45 cooler, pretty much a knock off Yeti for the half the price.
Old 03-29-2016   #47

Silverthorne, Colorado
Greenwall, if you happen to stumble across the thread can you post some raft frames that you are building for RMR storms.
Old 03-30-2016   #48

Monte Vista, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by nastysauce View Post
dumb question but how did you secure your skids?

I am assuming you mean the skids of the trailer?

Superglue...and lots of it.

J/k. Recessed carriage bolts which go into the top rail of the trailer. Since then, I've added roller bars between each skid, and build a 12' roller ramp for harder take-outs.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
SLVCampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016   #49

Monte Vista, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 802flyfish View Post
Thanks for the info Joll. I'm going to go with a stripped down version of the Blue Wing Olive . It looks like the BWO currently comes with the anchor system which is important to me. I figured I can always add parts later on, especially when sales take place in the fall and winter. I'm hoping to pick up a RTIC 45 cooler, pretty much a knock off Yeti for the half the price.

I got mine w/o an anchor system then added it in the fall.

Buy three 7.5# weights and save yourself some $$$ on the actual anchor.

Old 03-30-2016   #50

Monte Vista, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Did you make the rod holder or did you buy it from somewhere? I've been thinking about it and possibly making one from a length of PVC pipe.

Bought from RBW!