Frame ideas for RMR storm - Page 12 - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-16-2016   #111

Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2014
Tundra is currently suspend but it should be turned on shortly. I have access to accessories and soft coolers so far.

802flyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016   #112

Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2014
The yeti 65 purchased through the pro store is a reasonable price.
802flyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016   #113

Belfair, Washington
Paddling Since: 93
Black Rock Coolers have prodeals for outfitters
Black Rock Coolers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016   #114

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2015
Here are a couple pics I snapped this morning of my raft/frame/cooler/accessories all packed in my 06 Subaru Outback. Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2176.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	764.1 KB
ID:	11384   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2174.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	609.2 KB
ID:	11385  

carloritschl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016   #115

littleton, Colorado
Loving the storm!

Here's the frame I built for my brand new lime green storm. Homebrew out of speedrail. All in with towers it was $260.

I was surprised I was able to get my bigger Yukon cooler into the front bay with plenty of room on the sides. This will be a perfect setup for a fisherman sitting up front.

I got my storm from Pacific River Outfitters in Oregon. They were super helpful and easy to work with. They build nice welded frames too
Mike N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016   #116

Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
nice looking boat!

Mike N

Nice looking boat and frame! The only thing I see that might be a problem is attaching the frame to the boat...Those D-rings don't seem ideally placed to attach that frame. I took a look at the RM rafts website and it appears that the older version of the Storm had the D-rings better placed to attach a frame like yours...unless you added some more D-rings that are not shown in your pics?
Old 05-25-2016   #117

littleton, Colorado
Forgot to post the specs.

Frame weighs just over 30lbs with towers and oarlocks. Cross bars are 46.5 inches in length. Side rails are 55 inches. Assembled, its about 55x50. Hangs just over the center line of the tubes.

Fits easily in the back of the minivan assembled.
Old 05-25-2016   #118

Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike N View Post
Forgot to post the specs.

Frame weighs just over 30lbs with towers and oarlocks. Cross bars are 46.5 inches in length. Side rails are 55 inches. Assembled, its about 55x50. Hangs just over the center line of the tubes.

Fits easily in the back of the minivan assembled.
And in the dinning room apparently . Looks nice! Enjoy. I just built a very similar frame for an old 12' riobravo.

oh damn, that might just be the garage - the chairs threw me. Oh well, it's still nice
Old 05-25-2016   #119

littleton, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongmontRafter View Post
Mike N

Nice looking boat and frame! The only thing I see that might be a problem is attaching the frame to the boat...Those D-rings don't seem ideally placed to attach that frame. I took a look at the RM rafts website and it appears that the older version of the Storm had the D-rings better placed to attach a frame like yours...unless you added some more D-rings that are not shown in your pics?
There are 2 D's on the sides you cant see in the pics. Front one is not ideal (basically right in between the cooler bay cross rails. Back one will snug up nice against a cross bar. Suggestions welcome for how to secure on the front. I think its probably secure enough given that the back one will be locked down. I'm only running class 3 tops with this. More like 2 most of the time.
Old 05-25-2016   #120

littleton, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhaven View Post
And in the dinning room apparently . Looks nice! Enjoy. I just built a very similar frame for an old 12' riobravo.
Haha - no that's a table I'm very slowly restoring in my garage. Although to be honest, my "dining room" (it never gets used for that) doesn't look much neater.