Frame ideas for RMR storm - Page 10 - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-07-2016   #91

Rivertown, West Virginia
Paddling Since: 9:45
It seems to me you can put an NRS frame together for the least amount of all the ones you have looked at. One more option is Gary at rowframe.com He will do you frame how ever you want it. He is very smart about these things and inexpensive.

I do not have first hand experience with Gary but everyone that has likes what they bought. I do have experience with NRS and they are great frames that can be reconfigured anyway you want.

curtis catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2016   #92

Longview, Washington
Paddling Since: 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by 802flyfish View Post
Any one have recommendations for oars? Seems like a decent oar with a percentage of the purchase going to a good cause.

TROUT UNLIMITED POLECAT OAR
I have a set of the Polecats and the MXS's. If you can, counterweighted MXS's are the way to go with Dyna lite blades. The Polecats are about half the cost, but still very fine oars.
WW Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016   #93

Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2014
NRS Bighorn I Raft Frame at nrs.com

http://riverboatworks.com/shop/blue-wing-olive/

So it's looks like the bighorn frame and just the aspic frame of the BWO are about the same price... NRS frame is 650.00, also comes with strapes and straps to hold the cooler. The BWO comes in at 575, another 75 would get you oar mounts. I believe there a month wait time for them to build the BWOt. Both frames Can be retro fitted with ad ons. It seems with the 10.5 rafts you would need to put a stern seat or a side rail for the NRS anchor to work. Both look like solid frames just need to pull the trigger on one.

BWO "Built with top quality, lightweight, super durable 1 ˝” schedule 40 anodized aluminum pipe. Built in Salida, Colorado, USA, by boaters for boaters."

NRS "The NRS frame system is a marvel of simplicity and strength. The LoPro Fitting, cast in 356 aluminum alloy, is the heart of the system. Bolted into the ends of cross members and attached with a “coined” stainless steel U-bolt, it allows you to locate crossbars, seat bars, etc anywhere along the side rails.

The frame pipe is 1 5/8" outside diameter, 1 3/8" inside diameter. It is made of anodized 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum for high-strength, long-wearing durability"
802flyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2016   #94

Strangeville, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1978
I would definately check out Neff's frames

I would definitely check out the frame Neff made for his, it can be used for fishing and it runs whitewater very well. It was definitely light and strong, and very reasonable price wise, especially if you don't get it powder coated. I have NRS frames on all my boats, but hopefully I will be getting one of his in the future. Neff’s Whitewater Customs - Neff's Whitewater Custom Rafts
Rivertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016   #95

Post Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivertrash View Post
I would definitely check out the frame Neff made for his, it can be used for fishing and it runs whitewater very well. It was definitely light and strong, and very reasonable price wise, especially if you don't get it powder coated. I have NRS frames on all my boats, but hopefully I will be getting one of his in the future. Neff’s Whitewater Customs - Neff's Whitewater Custom Rafts
Agreed completely the storm is so small a custom made frame really shines on it. Neff can bend each tube just so to maximize the useable real estate. Every inch is important on a 10' boat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016   #96

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul7 View Post
Agreed completely the storm is so small a custom made frame really shines on it. Neff can bend each tube just so to maximize the useable real estate. Every inch is important on a 10' boat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
+ 3
ob1coby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016   #97

Arco, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1989
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMountain Buzz1460293148.407361.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	11315
My wife got this boat for herself for Christmas. Blew my mind!
Now this Storm is ready for a frame! Fabrication starts next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Atomicrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016   #98

Rivertown, West Virginia
Paddling Since: 9:45
Just got done looking at Neff frames. Look well thought out and priced right. I would buy one if l lived close enough to pick one up.
curtis catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016   #99

East MT, WestMT, Both sides of the Yellowstone
Paddling Since: 09
Atomic, did you get my pm about shade cover?

I have some boxes about that size for my boat. Have fun with the build.
spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016   #100

Arco, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1989
Spider, no I didn't get the PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Atomicrider is offline   Reply With Quote