Old 03-23-2015   #1
Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 2004
Everything bag

Good morning all,
I'm looking into buying an everything bag this season. I've read threads on this site about them. I really like the idea and the ease they seam to create when rigging all your gear safely in place. I do 5-8 over night trips per year in Western MT and Idaho. However, they are pricey. So, are they worth the price? I'm looking at the Stitches n stuff bag. Thanks all!

Porterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015   #2
Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1976
I purchased a Tuff River Stuf everything bag recently. I thought the price was more than fair. The build quality is amazing. It is easy to install and easier to load and secure. I love it. It's only been on one trip so far but I cant imagine ever not having one of these in my boat again. Plus, they include a nice little pouch of bloody Mary mix with your bag

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

Whetstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015   #3
Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
A total game changer. Buy it.
Sleepless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015   #4
telluride, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Everything bag ROCKS.
Five seasons later it's like new.
Last fall I strapped it to the roof of my truck and hauled 15 camp chairs and paco pads for a multi-day bike trip!

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz
MaxPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015   #5
Jenks, Oklahoma
Stitches N Stuff and Tuff River Stuff boat make Cargo Bags. Both are worth the money if you want gear that will stand up to hard river use and handed down to others when you retire from boating.

I have used Ray's every thing bags and they refuse to show wear after years of use.

Do not have a every thing type bag from Jan, but have a bunch of her other gear (a lot of it custom made to my specifications) and her work is just bomber as well.

Get your self an everything bag from either of these fine people and the quality will be top notch.
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015   #6
Whitewater, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
Buy it. Much safer than the mesh netting. Two features, If you are into rolling your boat for storage, the bag can store the boat.
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015   #7
Wondervu, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
One of the best purchases I ever made. Don't how I could function without it.

I went from being the last person done rigging to the first. It significantly reduces the time needed to pack up the boat.

Several folks make similar products at competitive prices. The price seems steep until you consider what is included. I thought about making my own to save cost, but when you factor in the fabric, grommets, webbing, the many cam straps needed and the time they start to look cheap. These are really big bags and they use up a lot of material.
kengore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015   #8
loveland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I've got two everything bags from Jan at S&S. Love them! I tested one of them upside down on the MFS a few years ago and it held everything in safe and sound with no damage to the bag. Well worth the $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
cpollema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015   #9
Cave Creek, Arizona
I just had one made by Jason at Wet Dreams. It is right around the same price as the TRS bag. It mushrooms out a bit to hold more gear and has a built in lid that goes over the bag to secure it. Also has a raft handle sewn into the lit which makes a good place for a passenger to hold onto, or to help your self in and out of the boat.

Wet Dreams Cargo Bag, Wet Dreams River Supply
InflatableSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015   #10
Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1998
I was wondering if anyone runs them in the front ever ?

tczues is offline   Reply With Quote