Old 08-20-2014   #11
Paddling in to the Future
Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
Too funny. Against all odds we launched Elk Creek ( regular launch ) at about 3 that day. Saturday night we launched at 5 or so. I think I noticed your sporty IKs with the thigh straps that looked pretty rad.
Was that your white Maravia at O'Brien?
My wife was really concerned that someone would steal it until I told her it probably had a hitch lock which it did. Great weekend although the kids wanted it hotter but it was just right for me. Now we have had two days of monsoons back over the hill in the Wood River Valley. Crazy weather.
Yup that was us. we never did put the white maravia on the water. - The weather has indeed been crazy. Nice cool weather up there in Stanley, came home to 94 in Boise. Then it rained like crazy, was hot again yesterday, and dumped rain again last night.

You must have been the guy at Elk creek that gave us a hollar as you were launching your boat with the family. Think we saw you again when my friend was playing around on her SUP in the eddy at O'Brien. I jumped out and let another friend paddle the IK down to Torrey.

PhilipJFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014   #12
boizee, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1984
Originally Posted by MCSkid View Post
how much more weight does the drop stitch floor add? that would be my one concern, my 16' rmr is a pretty heavy boat already. great boat by the way.
I have one DS floor in my Sotar fleet. Because these are PVC floors, SOTAR adds a second layer of PVC to make them bombproof. That combo adds about an extra 12 lbs over urethane I beam. The diff over PVC Ibeam would be less. So I would not worry about the weight... It's already to heavy to comfortably manhandle by yourself. They are however much stiffer and harder to roll up!

I didn't think I was going to like the DS and considered selling off that boat...until I started using it, especially in framed up mode (rather than paddle mode). Love it! So easy to walk around on, and performs great on low water mf (1.7) when left soft.

boicatr is offline   Reply With Quote