Old 01-20-2015   #11
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Originally Posted by mts3212 View Post
Attachment 9246

Not the greatest picture, but per request above, here is my NRS Otter 140 with a Tuff River Stuff drop bag.
That's Great! Thank you so much for posting the picture!

Originally Posted by mts3212 View Post
I'll have to measure when I get home. I don't remember the dimensions exactly but was custom built per dimensions I gave them. I made a rookie mistake though and didn't account for the floor raising when on water, so while I looks perfect in my garage floor, it does touch my floor when in the water. I'll see if I can get those dimensions later for you.
If you order from our web site there is a place to enter your frame dimensions. We always call to chat with you, double check dimensions and make sure it's exactly what you want. We usually recommend 10-12" of drop and try to take into account floor lift from the water.

mts3212- I'll be curious to know how deep we sewed yours!

TuffRiverStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015   #12
Tigard, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1995
Originally Posted by InflatableSteve View Post
looks like our boats have the same measurements. That 14" deep bag doesn't touch your floor?
Yes it does touch the floor, but since there is a soft bag, it is hard not to have a bag touch the floor. The weight of the bag however rests on the frame. After three seasons with 60+ river days, I have not seen any wear on the floor in the area of the drop bag.

TriBri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015   #13
Hillsboro, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1996
Originally Posted by InflatableSteve View Post
What size is the bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

Mine is 40"x16"x10". It could easily be a few inches wider, I was being conservative. As TriBri1 reports, I also have no visible wear on the floor from it sitting on the floor, and I have comparable river days as him. If I were to do it over again if probably get a slightly shallower bag and use the straps to lower it if needed. That said, I have no intention of replacing it with another size, it doesn't seem to cause any harm.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

mts3212 is offline   Reply With Quote