Old 11-16-2013   #21
Edwards, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
I recommend dry gear. I do not use a Drysuit, however. I use a bomber gear dry top and a Kokatat Dry bib. This is much like using waders other than the fact that the dry top and dry bib roll together so that the bibs don't fill with water in case you... umm... swim. I have used this system for a couple of months now and it keeps my 100% dry for 50% of the cash. Here is a video that better describes the combo. (its not in english but its a good visual). And for the feet issue... You can get the bibs without socks and get some good booties were the sole is just like a shoe. This is what I do and it works great. Good luck hope this helped!

Colorado // Kayaking // Skiing // Film
Caleb125 is offline   Reply With Quote
lafayette, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
I like waders and a dry top for swimming protection. With a good wading belt, draw string top on the waders, dry top and a snug fit on the life jacket. I have swam with nothing but a wading belt on and water will leak down to your legs, but it is not a big rush. I have swam with all my gear on and just got a wet shirt. I think carrying a spare set of dry clothes to get in to and wearing a life Jacket with 22 or more pounds of floatation is much important than a wet or dry suit. I did do one swim while wade fishing in my waders with no belt, top or life jacket and I don't want to ever do that again (scary) and (stupid).
__________________ is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off